designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juan73908 wrote:
aVoidGames wrote:

Here is an icon concept.

Rules fix: ownership token: "whenever a card is played from hand"

I have to say that I really like that Icon you made there! It's clearer and uses the space more wisely ^^

Thanks Juan,

I just wanted to add I liked the "drop" icons... but there is no ID inside them. I also like the SCiFi HUD black/blue. I think the white is fine too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Gomez
msg tools
mb
aVoidGames wrote:
Juan73908 wrote:
aVoidGames wrote:

Here is an icon concept.

Rules fix: ownership token: "whenever a card is played from hand"

I have to say that I really like that Icon you made there! It's clearer and uses the space more wisely ^^

Thanks Juan,

I just wanted to add I liked the "drop" icons... but there is no ID inside them. I also like the SCiFi HUD black/blue. I think the white is fine too.

I think that the white works perfectly and I like in particular the shape you chose. It's better that a generic geometric shape. It puts me intro the sci-fi game mood

Is it supposed to represent something btw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juan73908 wrote:

This is what the mind does... it needs an theme base icon... it also helps color blind.

Juan, I put a "something" in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Gomez
msg tools
mb
aVoidGames wrote:
Juan73908 wrote:

This is what the mind does... it needs an theme base icon... it also helps color blind.

Juan, I put a "something" in there.

We can then just say I like this "something"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Gomez
msg tools
mb
Hello everyone! ^^

We are streaming Right Now the development of the cards!

Join us here: https://picarto.tv/IonicSquidGenerator

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Spala
Poland
Kraków
małopolskie
flag msg tools
designer

First of all, thank you all for attending to the livestream and for your precious feedback!

In our last session of designing the cards we worked with a few little things - we changed the resource icons, broadened the artbox a solid bit, cleaned the ability text and the title for the card, worked heavily on the score visibility... Well, as you can see, there is plenty of changes!

However we are still in need of your input - which of the two resource icons works better for you? The one of the left, thematic and big, or one of the right, clear and abstract? Let us know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Armstrong
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are the first and third resources on the right card the same?

I like the circle shapes for the icon images, but I like the more thematic icons themselves. Could we see that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Spala
Poland
Kraków
małopolskie
flag msg tools
designer
The mix-up with the resources is a mistake A tiny slip up on my side!

And yes! We are already working on a card that have circle shapes /and/ the icons from the hexes. Will be uploaded in the next 48 hours I reckon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This project is looking pretty awesome! Great work!

That left card is brilliant looking. Clean and clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Spala
Poland
Kraków
małopolskie
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you! We work on it non-stop and we decided that the best way to make cards that will suit our audience is let the said audience truly help us make them - that's why livestreams of the design process is now a thing with us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Mcneary
msg tools
Hey guys, great job so far.

Has anybody else expressed confusion due to the "technology" word on the substance cards? It confused me for a bit before I read the rules.

I would consider using a word like catalyst or activation instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you referring to the Technology and Research Actions on the Substance cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Gomez
msg tools
mb
Firebolt_sauna wrote:
Hey guys, great job so far.

Has anybody else expressed confusion due to the "technology" word on the substance cards? It confused me for a bit before I read the rules.

I would consider using a word like catalyst or activation instead.

Anna, you are right! We need to rewrite the text on the cards. Activation shounds cool. We will get to it on the next iteration of the game

Thank you for the comment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Gomez
msg tools
mb
We will Stream card Design tomorrow again at 18 at 12EST (18:00 in Europe)! Join and participate, tomorrow I will post the link here!
See you! ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Gomez
msg tools
mb
Hello everyone! ^^

We are streaming Right Now the development of the cards!

Join us here: https://picarto.tv/IonicSquidGenerator

BTW: We stream the Development of MishMash every Monday 12 EST (18:00 in Europe)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Spala
Poland
Kraków
małopolskie
flag msg tools
designer
And another stream conluded! Thank you all for participating, sharing your feedback and helping to push the design in better direction   Hopefully next stream session will have a slightly different recipe - we've got plenty of visitors looking forward to learn a lil' bit about Photoshop and Adobe Suit software and its uses in Game Design... So next time I will be sure to start a project from scratch and explain everything I do step by step, sharing the tricks!

See you next time, where we will work on Resource Icons and Ingredient Cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Spala
Poland
Kraków
małopolskie
flag msg tools
designer

What Technology is Your Most and Least Favorite?

Help us decide! ^^ Write in the comment if the list is to your liking, or if there are any technologies we missed or you'd replace!

>>> http://mishmashthegame.com/ <<<
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Be careful with the use of Droid, as it is a registered trademark by Lucasfilms - one they have been known to actively defend.

Also, you might have fun looking at this list: Top Sci-Fi Weapons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Gomez
msg tools
mb
adularia25 wrote:
Be careful with the use of Droid, as it is a registered trademark by Lucasfilms - one they have been known to actively defend.

Woe Caroline I didn't know that! It's pretty crazy what can a trademark can be! :O

Thank you for checking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Juan73908 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Woe Caroline I didn't know that! It's pretty crazy what can a trademark can be! :O

Thank you for checking!
You're welcome!

It's one of those sneaky ones.

Even though it is just a shortened version of android, since "droid" was first used in StarWars, Lucasfilms trademarked it. Crazy, right? shake

Luckily, there are other terms for robots which don't have crazy trademarks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Gomez
msg tools
mb
adularia25 wrote:
Juan73908 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Thank you for checking!
You're welcome!

Even though it is just a shortened version of android, since "droid" was first used in StarWars, Lucasfilms trademarked it. Crazy, right? shake

Yeah! You are right! Mech? Maybe Drone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juan73908 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
Juan73908 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Thank you for checking!
You're welcome!

Drone sounds pretty good. And I don't think anyone "owns" it like Lucas and 'droid'. Plus Drone implies that it is unmanned and therefore possibly contains an AI, and that's fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Gomez
msg tools
mb
BigDumbYak wrote:
Juan73908 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
Juan73908 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Thank you for checking!
You're welcome!

Drone sounds pretty good. And I don't think anyone "owns" it like Lucas and 'droid'. Plus Drone implies that it is unmanned and therefore possibly contains an AI, and that's fun

Well, I think we are lacking AI technology! So Artificial Intelligence may be the perfect replacement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Spala
Poland
Kraków
małopolskie
flag msg tools
designer

Once more we ask for your help and feedback!

Last time we were working on the cards for the game - and with your generous help we managed to develop them into something neat and pleasant to look at, but that's just part of the work. Now, we must polish the resource icons, so they are clear, easy to memorise and most importantly, properly thematic! So help us pick your favourites

And remember - to keep up with our streams, progress and development, subscribe on our webpage:
>>> http://mishmashthegame.com <<<
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Armstrong
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, radioactive has to be included...

I like the top crystal icon over the bottom one; it looks more "crystal-like" to me. I don't think "profitable" is very thematic, though. Combustible seems right, but the symbol of a barrel doesn't say "sci-fi" to me. Maybe a lit stick of dynamite for this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |