Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Appleton
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your opponent cancels a Lore card played in lieu of a Command Card with a counterspell type effect, do you get to play a command card or do you instead lose your turn effectively?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, you actually do get to play a Command card instead. See the official FAQ on the Warrior's Assault card in the Lore Card compendium, for instance: http://www.battlelore.com/index.php?t=content&sub=lorecards&...

Eric @ DoW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see it from Eric's perspective. A Dispel or Foiled card cancels your opponent's Lore card. It's as if the card had never been played. So whether at the start of the turn or played in lieu of, the Lore card and any reason on the card for having played it are canceled. Since you have played a lore card, you've exhausted your limit in doing so. However, the good news is you can now continue the turn as it never happened and play a Command card.

Anyway, that's how I rationalize it. YMMVmeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Payne
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
I agree with the FAQ as well. Those dispell effects are about the best lore cards as it is, no need to make them any more powerfull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.