James Mckane
Australia
SYDNEY
N.S.W
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I've been off BGG for a while due to personal commitments. I decided to log back in because I recently discovered Pandemic Legacy and am getting back into the hobby.

I just logged in to see an advertisement displayed by BGG for a game called Get Laid! I thought the cards looked a little similar to a print & play game I designed in 2009 called Players in the dating game.

I want to be clear, I'm not taking credit for a games design, there are clear differences in gameplay between Get Laid and My game. And my game was designed before I had played a vast amount of games (it was designed when all I had really played was Red Dragon Inn) so it was somewhat bland and I am now aware of this. I'll also mention my game was a little more...PG13.

I'd just like to know if my game maybe inspired this game. I'm aware it could be a coincidence but I see some similarities particularly with the cards layout and the games theme. I don't mind if it did inspire it, I'd just like to know? No hard feelings at all, I'd be gunning for the games success more on kickstarter if I knew it were inspired by my game.

My Game:

Can you see the similarities? Or is it just me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys xxx
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many card games with text on them use a similar design. Just look at Magic: The Gathering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just glad to hear you're back around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools

Larry: Doesn't see any similarities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mckane
Australia
SYDNEY
N.S.W
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The designer has written that it is "Total coincidence", which it may be. Anyway, I still find it interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen similar versions of games I developed that I hadn't shown anyone, so I put a lot of stock in coincidence.

There are only so many themes and mechanisms, seeing a similar game six years later is more surprising than that it didn't happen earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.