Italy
Montesilvano
Pescara
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I have some doubts reading the rules and the pnp file:

1)On the first spell card played by the starting player, will be placed only 1 shard at the beginning of the turn?
2) When a player cannot play a valid card, the spell struck. Only this player takes damage or all the players? The damage is equal to the shard on the first spell card on all the shard in play?
3) When you play a spell of the same suit, the spell resonances and you can use the spell ability. There is some I need some clarifications:
a) ABSORB: what it means the spell end? And which card you take in hand?
b) POLARIZE: spells ranks progression reverse means that by now you have to play spell with number lower than the lowest number in play?
c) BLADES and FIREBALL: they have permanent ability, I think it can't be used with resonance. At the end of the spell the player who struck suffer 1/2 damage extra, right?
d) LIGHTNING and FROST WAVE, they can bu used with resonance, right?
e) QUAKE: all the players suffer damage?

The game seems really fast and fun, hope to fix these doubts. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Kothe
Germany
Essen-Kettwig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The player who plays the first spell place a Shard token and a Caster token on the card.
2) Right. The player who cannot play a valid card is struck. He takes damage. (Exception: See ABSORB) He draws cards from the deck equal the number of Shard tokens on Spell cards in play. He plays these cards face down in front of him.
3)a) The spell ends!! If you have played this cards you draw cards from the deck equal the number of Shard tokens but you take these cards on your hand!
b) Not the lowest number in play. The reverse play begin with the last played card.
c) Right.
d) Right.
e) If the Caster is struck he takes damage only. If another player is struck all players take damage - without the Caster.

We have played the game last weekend some times. At the end we backed the game! Play it! Enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele P.
Italy
Montesilvano
Pescara
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
kotlo wrote:
1) The player who plays the first spell place a Shard token and a Caster token on the card.
2) Right. The player who cannot play a valid card is struck. He takes damage. (Exception: See ABSORB) He draws cards from the deck equal the number of Shard tokens on Spell cards in play. He plays these cards face down in front of him.
3)a) The spell ends!! If you have played this cards you draw cards from the deck equal the number of Shard tokens but you take these cards on your hand!
b) Not the lowest number in play. The reverse play begin with the last played card.
c) Right.
d) Right.
e) If the Caster is struck he takes damage only. If another player is struck all players take damage - without the Caster.

We have played the game last weekend some times. At the end we backed the game! Play it! Enjoy it.

Wow! Thank you!

I'm going to try the pnp soon :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele P.
Italy
Montesilvano
Pescara
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We made some plays yesterday and we are going to play again this night.
Just anothere two questions:

4) If the caster begin with a Blades spell, the next player the downward play starts immediately or only after a player plays a Blades spell and activates his power thanks to resonance?

5) If after the caster plays the first card, the player next to him has no valid card to play, does the caster gain 2 shard (1 for the first spell and 1 for the last valid card played)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
4) The Blades spell is in effect immediately and the next player must play a lower number.

5) Yes, you are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stone
msg tools
In the video, the caster activates the ability of the first card played (e.g. Lightening or Frost) and executes it before the second player plays.

However, in the rules the only time I can find a mention of a suit ability activating is under the description for Resonating. I just wanted to check that the first card played each round also activates the suit ability at the moment it is played and has the caster token placed on it.

Great game, enjoying my first few playthroughs, and I appreciated the prompt shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Sronce
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Tritone666 wrote:
In the video, the caster activates the ability of the first card played (e.g. Lightening or Frost) and executes it before the second player plays.

However, in the rules the only time I can find a mention of a suit ability activating is under the description for Resonating. I just wanted to check that the first card played each round also activates the suit ability at the moment it is played and has the caster token placed on it.

Great game, enjoying my first few playthroughs, and I appreciated the prompt shipping.

Just to be clear, the first card played is always considered to match suit and always resonates with itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.