4 Posts

A Victory Denied: Crisis at Smolensk, July-September, 1941» Forums » General

Subject: Questions on colors in units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
saturn s.
msg tools
mb
It looks a great game together with a victory lost. Are the colors in the units indicate the army group or army/corps they belong too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
saturn s.
msg tools
mb
Thank you Kevin, are these games better than victory roads system for example? Difficult to define better I guess but do they give you a better immersive experience? Great blog by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Hey thanks for reading mate.
I really like AVD. Not a huge fan of AVL.
The games are very different in scale and coverage between MMP and Hexasim titles.

The Hexasim title is a LOT of game. And big. But it does have 2 smaller scenarios.

I like the rules for Road to Victory and cool combat system. The German just needs to be made of stone emotionally.

Whereas I think AVD is more about a specific section of Army Group Center and the push for Moscow. It has a nice fluid feel, not too many rules and is pretty tense for both sides.

Depends where you are in the gamer-verse. If new, then I'd lean towards AVD. If you want the BIG game experience and dont mind a bit of counter fatigue then RtV is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.