Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralf Christian
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still a little confused about the campaign action example on the bottom of page 19 in the rule book.

Everything in the following section is still clear:
"...He must first eliminate the British Armies. He eliminates the first Army and must then eliminate the Afghan Army as well. He must now stop his action because British Armies remain and there are no further Afghan Armies in the Location. If he had Intel, he could have ignored the requirement to attack the British Armies in the Location first and attacked the Tribes instead,..."

but then it says: "eliminating all three tribes with his rank three Campaign action." (marked in bold by me)

Wouldn't the player still need 3 army units to get rid of all 3 tribes (while in the example, there's only 1 Afghan unit around)? Or does this 1:1 allocation only apply to the battle between armies and 1 army unit is in fact enough to eliminate any number of tribes up to the played card's rank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Or does this 1:1 allocation only apply to the battle between armies and 1 army unit is in fact enough to eliminate any number of tribes up to the played card's rank?

This is right.

The rank of a card tells you how many units you can eliminate with a campaign action. It doesn't matter how many attacking armies are involved. But attacking armies are eliminated 1:1 for defending armies and if you run out, you can't eliminate any more units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Christian
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast answer. I guess it makes sense, but I can't find this:

"1 single army token can get rid of many tribes at once (up to the rank), if armies are not present or can be ignored, due to spies" -> that's what happens in the example, right?

clearly stated in the rules (or am I missing something? That is perfectly possible as well )...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what happens in the example, and it is what I was talking about in my explanation. I don't have time to look it up in the rules now, but take Cole's thumb on my answer as confirmation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Christian
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
but take Cole's thumb on my answer as confirmation

I'll do that for now, but I'll have another look into the rules, as well... if that's the way it is handled, it needs to be in there somewhere, I guess... ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say:

Quote:
An attack eliminates a number of cubes or cylinders up to the
Rank of the card used for the campaign action.

That's pretty clear - no reference to the number of armies attacking.

And the example confirms this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Christian
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right and I (finally) got it now... Thanks for your patience... thumbsup Have some bag for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.