Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo Gonzalez Jeanneau
Peru
Lima
Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have a question about which tiles to be placed for a Blitz Conquest scenario (2 days, 2 nights).

Yesterday we played with four people, so we had to include 9 green back tiles. My questions:

- The starting map includes de A/B tile plus 1, 2, 3, right? So we begin the game with the same looking map every single game, right?

- The number of green tiles does not include the A/B tile, but it would include 1 through 3, right? So the pile to take tiles from would include the 6 green plus the brown tiles, right?

- I forget the name of the yellow hexagon chits, but some of them include enemies while others the chance to give 3 mana of the same color to get 7 fame. Do the 3 mana have to be crystals? Can they be crystals and mana? Can I use a die from the source for this offering?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roderigo wrote:
Hello,

Hi there! Here are your answers. Note that any mentioned tile count is relevant for the Blitz Conquest scenario. For other scenarios, check the rulebook.

roderigo wrote:
- The starting map includes de A/B tile plus 1, 2, 3, right? So we begin the game with the same looking map every single game, right?
No, not exactly. The starting map includes:

- Starting tile A or B for 2-3 or 4 players.
- Plus 2 or 3 countryside (green) revealed tiles, as shown on page 2 of the rulebook. You do not have to explore them. However, these tiles can be any one of the randomly selected 6/7/9 countryside tiles. Shuffle the tiles, deal 2 or 3 and reveal them.

This is the case on all scenarios. The starting tiles are randomized, except when explicitly stated by the rulebook; e.g., in the tutorial "First Reconnaisance" scenario, the starting tile is tile A, even with 4 players, and the revealed countryside tiles are always tiles #1 and #2.

It's very important to know that before choosing the tactics in the first round you have all the following information available:
- Your starting 5-card hand.
- The revealed first 2/3 countryside tiles.
- Any present ruins or rampaging enemies, who are placed face-up. Rampaging enemies are always placed face up, while ruins are reveled during the day (or in the night, if someone just steps on them).
- The spell/advanced action/unit/monastery offer.

All these can influence your tactics selection.

roderigo wrote:
- The number of green tiles does not include the A/B tile, but it would include 1 through 3, right? So the pile to take tiles from would include the 6 green plus the brown tiles, right?

Yes and no. You don't include the A/B tile in the tile count. You just take all 11 green countryside tiles, shuffle them and randomly choose 6/7/9 face-down tiles to form your draw pile (on top of the core tiles). Reveal and place 2 or 3 out of these countryside tiles during preparation, as explained before.

It's possible that tiles 1, 2 or 3 are not included in your scenario!

roderigo wrote:
- I forget the name of the yellow hexagon chits, but some of them include enemies while others the chance to give 3 mana of the same color to get 7 fame. Do the 3 mana have to be crystals? Can they be crystals and mana? Can I use a die from the source for this offering?

They are called "Ruins". It's irrelevant where you find the mana from. You just need 3x mana! They can be from the source, from mana tokens you find somehow (e.g., Concentration basic effect or a skill) or even crystals from your inventory.

This applies to everything that needs mana: cards, spells, etc. It's irrelevant where you get your mana from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peru
Lima
Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your help! Seems we've been playing wrong (Mage Knight played wrong? No way!) ever since we started playing Blitz Conquest.

Those first two or three tiles revealed not being 1 2 and 3 will dramatically change the game.

One more question: if a unit I recruited is wounded at night, when it comes the day is it readied even though it is wounded?

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roderigo wrote:
One more question: if a unit I recruited is wounded at night, when it comes the day is it readied even though it is wounded?

Beeing ready and beeing wounded are two independent states. So if an unit gets healed its wound vanishes but the unit doesn't become ready again.
If the round changes the unit becomes ready again but keeps any wounds.

You can use an unit only if it is ready AND unwounded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peru
Lima
Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect! One more question: if I go up a level and I have the choice to pick between two of my special abilities or one of the ones that are in the pool (other people's), can I see first see the two of mine and then determine if I want to keep one of those and then choose one of the ones in the pool? Or do I have to say that I'll be picking one from the pool and abstain myself from grabbing two of mine.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw your two skills first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peru
Lima
Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
You draw your two skills first.
And you choose your skill first, because if you take another player's skill, you have to take the lowest advanced action card. Just saying for clarity's sake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.