Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Dillman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Currently I have four of the expansions and just bought Cosmic Dominion. It looks like I'll be able to get all 5 into the main box, but I wanted to get some other ideas of storing everything and separating out the different pieces.

I have the cards in different deck boxes, baggies for all the tokens, the ships and aliens I have in the bags that came with the game.

I've seen containers out there that can hold the ships, planets, and player token (for the warp counter). Anyone know where one might get those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daedalus productions and Insert Here both have Cosmic Encounter box inserts that will help you sort everything out nicely, all in the core box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the main box to hold the warp, rules and alien cards. everything else is in a single Flambeau Zerust 7004R tackle box. The box is tall enough to allow the decks to stand up and there's compartments for the ships and other bits. I use these boxes for any game with a lot of cards, actually.

http://www.flambeauoutdoors.com/en/fishing/site/details/7004...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando
Germany
Weimar
Thuringia
flag msg tools
mb
I did my own insert and it was a lot of fun! At that time i had access to a laser cutter, but I did do a beta model out of foam board and it was actually very good!

This is a pic of what I did:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2649998/cosmic-encounter

I would totally recommend doing your own if you have some skills cutting and pasting. There are also good tutorials online on how to do custom insetrs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
I've found that everything (base + all expansions) fits as-is in the base box. Could maybe get one more expansion in there. Is it fancy? No, but it fits.

I just made a small foamcore divider area for the cards and everything fits fine (I don't have storm or dominion but there is room)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.