Charles Snakes et Lattes
Canada
flag msg tools
Proudly Alphabetical since 1989!
badge
The Wish Swing from Nuit Blanche 2007
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Couldn't find anyone who has discussed this before in specifics.

The Doctor seems clear to me - when you perform a discard threat marker action, you discard two of the same colour.

However, one of my fellow players had the Plasterworker and the Doctor. The Plasterworker allows you to discard a threat of a colour when you play a house of that colour. My fellow player said since he was doing an action (building a house) which discarded a threat, he should be allowed to discard two.

I said no. I was outvoted.

Anyone have an opinion on this?

- Charles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the answer is no. Since you are not using a card to remove a threat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You were correct. The doctor would only apply when you directly use a card to get rid of a threat, not when you get rid of a threat as a benefit from another person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lostphd wrote:
The Doctor seems clear to me - when you perform a discard threat marker action, you discard two of the same colour.

This will be the key text. You need to perform the specific discard a threat marker action in order to enjoy the Doctor's ability.

lostphd wrote:
However, one of my fellow players had the Plasterworker and the Doctor. The Plasterworker allows you to discard a threat of a colour when you play a house of that colour. My fellow player said since he was doing an action (building a house) which discarded a threat, he should be allowed to discard two.

"Doing an action" is not enough...you need to be doing the specific discard a threat action in order to benefit from the Doctor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.