Subject: assembling the region dials? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grayson Ijames
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm trying to assemble these region dials and the picture shows two discs on the back of the dial, but there is only one disc per dial, and I've been trying to get the discs to fit around the arrow's peg but they just won't fit. I'm basically hulk smashing them at this point trying to get them to fit onto the pegs. The pegs will not fit into the discs. Any ideas on how to actually assemble these things? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You shouldn't be using two discs per dial. The second "piece" that is shown in the illustration refers to a set of thin reinforcement rings. These should have been included somewhere in the game box as a small punch sheet. They are just thin, plastic-coated paper, and they should be used if you need to tighten up the dial's arrow (I needed to use them). The dials shouldn't spin freely, they should be tight because the arrow needs to stay on the selected region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson Ijames
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Okay, so that makes sense re: the two discs. But were you able to get your plastic discs to actually fit around the pegs of the arrows? Mine will not get around that thing. I don't want to break them but I can't get those discs to fit around the peg. Did you, or anyone else, have similar trouble? I can't get the arrow to turn without the disc falling off the back. They just won't go on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The holes are slightly smaller than the dial base. You have to push it through and likely tear the cardboard a little. That's ok because it's covered by the dial top. You'll never have to remove it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JESSE JAMES CORREA DO PRADO
Brazil
SAO PAULO
SP
flag msg tools
mb
I have the same problem. Two of five discs doesnt work. They dont fit correctly.

Anybody has been tried to contact Zman? Im gonna do it.

JJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem here, but I haven't tried AJ's suggestion yet. Also, they half-fit, so I'm not sure if they'll fall apart during play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're still slightly loose even after using the inserts and stuff. Was fine for play, though, just don't be too rough with them. Haven't had any actually fall apart during use, yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Just got my copy - spent 20 minutes and cannot find any way to assemble them properly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
Just got my copy - spent 20 minutes and cannot find any way to assemble them properly

Push the [wider] dial base into the hole first, then push the [narrower] top (arrow piece) through to the base from the other side. If it's too loose, you'll need to add one of those thin black fillers included with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
ayejae wrote:
Don Sombrero wrote:

Push the [wider] dial base into the hole first, then push the [narrower] top (arrow piece) through to the base from the other side. If it's too loose, you'll need to add one of those thin black fillers included with the game.

Thanks for the advice!

But coming to the subject, ti me it is exactly the other way round. The ring and the arrow never seem to "click" - even when I try to connect them without the dial itself, they never seem to interconnect.

Which means that there must be fundamentally wrong about the plastic pieces - regardless of the cardboard thickness.

Has anybody had similar experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
ayejae wrote:
Don Sombrero wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

But coming to the subject, ti me it is exactly the other way round. The ring and the arrow never seem to "click" - even when I try to connect them without the dial itself, they never seem to interconnect.

Which means that there must be fundamentally wrong about the plastic pieces - regardless of the cardboard thickness.

Has anybody had similar experience?

Yes, I agree. There's never a real "click". It's just a smush, and they somehow stay together using friction. It's poor design or manufacturing, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.