Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Moongha Invaders: Mad Scientists and Atomic Monsters Attack the Earth!» Forums » General

Subject: $35 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Webb
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how much Miniature Market is selling Moongha Invaders for right now. Sort of blown away by that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zollom
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a backer of the kickstarter I feel this whole thing is a kick in the teeth by the all power and wise MR. Wallace. He sold the rights to coolstuff to get a shit ton produced reducing his production cost all the while collecting $90,000 from backers. This in turn flooded the market with copies and reduced what I thought would be an exclusive run to a mass market purge. IMHO we've been totally bamboozled by MW and I will never purchase another game of his as long as I consider myself part of this hobby.

Just a preemptive response to all you MW fan-boys, don't bother trolling me for a response. My opinion is my own and will stay that way. You don't like it, too bad.

edited for content devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. I won't troll you Z, but will instead offer my own opinion. I don't consider myself a MW "sword-swallower" as you so eloquently put it, but I do enjoy a majority of his designs. Though I like Moongha, I was a bigger fan of the art style of the original edition rather than this technicolor version.

Having been part of the A Study in Emerald Kickstarter and the issues that it had, I didn't need a lot of convincing to be more cautious around this KSer. Also, Z, you can't assume that ANYTHING you back on KSer is going to be exclusive, CE, etc. All they have to do is change a color scheme or a detail and it's something different that can be sold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miljenko Murkovic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's $65 right now ... I'm late I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zollom04 wrote:
As a backer of the kickstarter I feel this whole thing is a kick in the teeth by the all power and wise MR. Wallace. He sold the rights to coolstuff to get a shit ton produced reducing his production cost all the while collecting $90,000 from backers. This in turn flooded the market with copies and reduced what I thought would be an exclusive run to a mass market purge. IMHO we've been totally bamboozled by MW and I will never purchase another game of his as long as I consider myself part of this hobby.

Just a preemptive response to all you MW fan-boys, don't bother trolling me for a response. My opinion is my own and will stay that way. You don't like it, too bad.

edited for content :devil:

Before the ks you couldn't easily get a copy. As a result of it, you did. You should focus on that because that's the point. Your failing to be able to lord it over others isn't A flattering thing for you to obsess over.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webb
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My message was deleted by the mods (dumb rule - I wasn't promoting it, I'm not really happy about it yuk) - but it was still $35 after you posted. They went from 20+ copies when I started the thread to 15 when I posted my (now deleted) reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zollom04 wrote:

edited for content devil

Don't stress. There weren't *that* many copies made. It'll sell out at retailers in the next 6-12 months and then slowly increase in price on the secondary market. They won't be $200 games like the original, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were $100 or $150 games in a year or two from now. If you bought multiple copies, just tuck them away next to your Ticket to Ride Deluxe edition and government bonds and let that thing mature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xi Jiang Bflei
United States
South El monte
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw someone sold the game on Ebay or BGG market that include a signature sticker.I wonder whether those ones that are sold on CSI or MM include the sticker also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
$39.99 on CSI, currently...

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/220353

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Witt
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
senorcoo wrote:

Having been part of the A Study in Emerald Kickstarter and the issues that it had, I didn't need a lot of convincing to be more cautious around this KSer.

I thought Moongha was a KS before Emerald?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
sliponflange wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

Having been part of the A Study in Emerald Kickstarter and the issues that it had, I didn't need a lot of convincing to be more cautious around this KSer.

I thought Moongha was a KS before Emerald?

Moongha ran from Oct 22 2012 - Nov 30 2012 whereas Emerald ran from Apr 24 2013 - May 24 2013, but it was so long ago and they were fairly close together, so confusion is understandable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zollom
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For all you boobs out there who are happy with what you got, think about this.

You spent $50 to help get this game published only to help people purchase this game for $40.

Oh yeah, and some pathetic baseball card signed by the great one himself. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't we also get the 2p version which isn't available at retail..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zollom04 wrote:

You spent $50 to help get this game published only to help people purchase this game for $40.

Yes, that's EXACTLY why I backed it. So the game could get made and so other people can buy it too. That's precisely what Kickstarter is for. I don't care if they can get it cheaper.

Some people in this thread need to realize how amazingly selfish they're being about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Wrong, that was changed. The 2p version comes in all copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Wrong, that was changed. The 2p version comes in all copies.
WALLACE!!!

Disclaimer: I back KS projects so I can trade them for OOP games to people who missed the KS and can't get the exclusives, which I was lead to believe the 2p version was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zollom04 wrote:

Oh yeah, and some pathetic baseball card signed by the great one himself. :soblue:

And if you hadn't you wouldn't have the game now. That's the point of having done this. If your only object in getting the game was to sneer at those who didn't have it, I suggest you seek help.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
zollom04 wrote:

Oh yeah, and some pathetic baseball card signed by the great one himself. soblue

I'm glad you can find so much joy in helping make a product possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes a Kickstarted game is so good that it goes scarce quickly, and makes all the backers think that they ended up with a steal.

Sometimes a game isn't good enough for that, and the market ends up flooded, and prices for late buyers drop.

Those are the breaks and the risks you take when you KS.

The late delivery, and especially the inclusion of the 2p map in with the base game were a kick in the teeth to the backers as far as I'm concerned. But the current price drop is just the market at work. Nothing to be done about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
zollom04 wrote:

When I backed it for $50, the Canadian dollar was at par with the US greenback, but now that same amount is only $37.50 so I guess I got a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coates
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh heh, I'm a boob...

More pleasant than being a zollum I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zollom
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbbrwcky wrote:
Heh heh, I'm a boob...

More pleasant than being a zollum I guess.

You're also a rube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
zollom04 wrote:

Yes, that's EXACTLY why I backed it. So the game could get made and so other people can buy it too. That's precisely what Kickstarter is for. I don't care if they can get it cheaper.

Some people in this thread need to realize how amazingly selfish they're being about this.

I'm not sure when KS turned into a charity event. I know I didn't see that in the fine print when I've backed any game.

The biggest contradictory issue with your argument is that we're talking bout Martin Wallace, a long time established designer in this hobby. The reason backers were screwed over was because of his inability to finance the game he wanted to create. So he went to a third party to rescue the project. If this was some new designer struggling to get to market that would be one thing, but Wallace is not that designer. The idea that backers should sacrifice for his sake - someone with as much influence and power as he does in the hobby - is bizarre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Down to $14.99 at CSI. http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/220353. Lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.