10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Missing Pieces Fantasy Flight Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened a new copy of Game of Thrones, and its missing ALL of the wooden knights, footman, and ships. None of them are included. I e-mailed customer service, and I was just curious what people's experience has been with how they handle missing pieces. It's an expensive game obviously, and I don't want to pay for shipping. Are they usually good about sending the pieces out quickly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
I just opened a new copy of Game of Thrones, and its missing ALL of the wooden knights, footman, and ships. None of them are included. I e-mailed customer service, and I was just curious what people's experience has been with how they handle missing pieces. It's an expensive game obviously, and I don't want to pay for shipping. Are they usually good about sending the pieces out quickly?

Yes. My copy of AGoT was missing a token that had obviously fallen out during packing, they sent right away. My LOTR: Confrontation was missing a player shield, ditto, fast, easy, pain-free service.

Most major companies are quite good about this. I had a messed up block in Columbia's Hammer of the Scots, and they sent two to replace it in VERY short order.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Rauscher
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Arkham Horror contained a printing error on one of the counter sheets. Their customer support was very responsive and relatively quick shipping a replacement sheet, overall I'd say my experience was good. They did not charge any shipping. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I lost a figure from my copy of War of the Ring - FFG replaced it free of charge and posted down to Aus - I'd say they're a very honourable bunch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludwig Seitz
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FFG have been very bad at answering their customer service requests. I had the same problem as you some years ago, and I had to find the personal email of one of their employees from their forums and mail him to get a reply. I hope they got better at this by now.

On the positive side I can say that after I got through to them, they were very helpful and quick. I got the missing pieces without further delay and without costs.

hope it helps
Ludwig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your post will be picked up by Jeremy here on the Geek. I had a missing piece in my WotR and while mentioning it in another thread about FFG he read it, contacted me personally, and sent it free of charge.

So this should not be a problem - they really seem to put their customers in high regard. Kudos to FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mobley
Australia
Melbourne (Ringwood)
Victoria
flag msg tools
No really, I have never designed a boardgame!
badge
Spin, spin, spin.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add my appreciation for FFG - brought a copy of War of the Ring last Saturday. 2 copies of the Fellowship deck and no Shadow deck. Emailed them on Sunday and received an email on Monday saying the missing deck is on the way. Outstanding!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. B.
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good experience in both e-mailing them AND calling them. Quite prompt, and no shipping charges.

They actually replaced one of my WotR figures because my dog had literally eaten it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goewert
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a misprinted WoW chit sheet. One email and I hade a replacement sheet for the next weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent you a Geekmail, Zaphod.

For reference, the best way to handle it is by sending an email to parts@fantasyflightgames.com with your name, address, and detailed description of the missing/broken piece. Thaadd is able to turn around requests fairly quickly as long as we get as much information as possible right away.

Thanks for your kind words, folks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.