Dave C
United States
Clifton Park
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Toronto Public Library has an extensive Arthur Conan Doyle collection including a room dedicated to Sherlock Holmes ("Room 221B").

Within the collection is a copy of Adventures by Gaslight. It is not available for loan, but can be enjoyed in person.

The library is located in downtown Toronto:
789 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M4W 2G8

Head up to the 5th floor. If a library card is required, you can get one for a fee even if you're not a resident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Mahon
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know Dave, if I visit Toronto I'll be sure to pop in. Thanks for sharing

Dom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Making a copy and scan it in is out of the order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Clifton Park
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My excitement in locating an available copy was quickly extinguished by the realities of geography:

A visit to Toronto would be a 6+ hr drive each way for me. As close as that is, relative to Europe, it is still prohibitive... "So close, yet so far."

I would love to play these cases! Perhaps a clever more local bgg'er will be able to help. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Clifton Park
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I visited Toronto this week and was able to spend some time at the Sherlock Holmes collection. It's a very beautiful library and helpful staff. The curator and I had a wonderful conversation about international versions of Sherlock Holmes games.

Along with Adventures by Gaslight, there were some other rarities: a German edition of the base game before winning the SdJ and a Japanese edition of Queen's Park Affair.

It is very cool to sit at a leather-topped table surrounded by original copies of The Strand with other Holmes & Doyle aficionados.

If you ever visit Toronto, be sure to stop by (and plan to spend a couple hours).

For those wondering: Items in the special collection are not allowed out of the room so copies can't be made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Mahon
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks fantastic David, I'm very jealous

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.