6 Posts

Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Help for potential new player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Tofil
msg tools
Hey guys

So I was looking on Fantasy Flight Games' website and saw their holiday sale, with Dust Tactics models being $9-$4. I have not seen this game before seeing this sale. I looked at some videos and the models and gameplay look very compelling to me and I would like to start playing this with my brother. To the point, what would I need for 2 players to comfortably start playing this game. Also which of the models for sale do you recommend picking up?

Thanks

Edit: Could I theoretically get a starter set and then pick up some models for a different faction and get 2 armies like that?

Link to sale: http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/client/client_pages/sale...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dude
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To start playing you would need to pick up a core revised set. Typically around $60us on Amazon.

As for models/characters, typically you want an even number of points per faction. The factions are Axis, Allies and SSU. You don't want to overload one faction with characters since typically the factions go head to head.

The core box has a pretty decent amount of gameplay in it, but the expansions are so cheap right now I'm considering grabbing a few.

If you're looking for a light game that uses a ton of dice and has a lot of flavor I don't think you'll be disappointed with Dust Tactics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
I hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your thread, but I did the exact same thing except I'm more interested in Dust Warfare. I bought the Warfare rules and a campaign book and the USMC heavy weapons (I'm a Marine, so had to). I then bought the revised core set from a guy on bgg. I don't have any of them yet, but I'm itching to buy more since the price is so cheap. For me I'm sticking with allies and Axis, so don't buy them all up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Cruz

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love Warfare! There is also a specific Warfare BGG page that has useful downloads and has posts about this very topic! There are some great tutorial videos on Youtube as well. Feel free to post any questions on the Warfare page and I will try to answer them.

For the FFG Sale, I would say get one of everything at $4 and $9 a pop! Its a steal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Martin
United States
Parkland
Washington
flag msg tools
thedude71144 wrote:
To start playing you would need to pick up a core revised set.

is revised edition just new rules or different models? I have a chance to pick up a painted set of first edition for an inexpensive price. Should I just pass on first edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Schultz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kjelstad wrote:
thedude71144 wrote:
To start playing you would need to pick up a core revised set.

is revised edition just new rules or different models? I have a chance to pick up a painted set of first edition for an inexpensive price. Should I just pass on first edition?

All the old models are still valid, they just have new stats, so if it's is a decent deal, you can still pick up the old sets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.