Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the symbols on the red action die is a bouncing egg. The English rules describe this action as (1) dropping a rubber egg from half a meter (~1.5 feet) above the center of the table; and (2) "players try to catch the egg."

This leads to two questions.

The first is: shouldn't the second sentence read "All players try to catch the egg."? That's what the German rules say and the incorrect capitalization of the corresponding English version suggests that the word "All" was simply omitted. When I first read the English rules I wasn't sure if the dropper could participate or not, but I think they can based on the German rules.

The second is: how does the dropping and catching work? Must the egg bounce off the table before someone catches it? Also, where do players' hands need to be during this process? If the egg doesn't need to bounce off the table and there are no rules about where players' hands can be, then can't the dropping player just let it fall straight from one hand to the other? Or maybe you are only allowed to use one hand to catch the egg (and the dropper must use the hand that drops the egg)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have always played with the All so I agree with you there. On your second point I think what you describe goes against the intent and spirit of the game.

The whole fun aspect of the egg bouncing is that it is an odd shape and can go anywhere. Plus the image on the die suggests it must bounce first.

As to the placing of the hands well I'd say you cannot place them in a position that would stop the egg bouncing at least once.

I have to say though you must be playing with some kids that are going to end up as some mad rules lawyers one day if you are asking these questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nnf1 wrote:
I have to say though you must be playing with some kids that are going to end up as some mad rules lawyers one day if you are asking these questions.

I haven't even played the game yet. It was just me reading through the rules. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.