Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight's TI3 expansion shipped with a slightly defective card mix.
(The Orange technology deck has a duplicate Sarween Tools, and is missing the Transit Diodes. Don't worry if that doesn't mean anything to you; it's not relevant to the rest of the story.)

FFG posted a detailed summary of the issue: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ti3replacement.html - including a replacement form and a pdf to print and use (should it come to that) while waiting on the replacement. Since the replacement form (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/PDF/ti-form.PDF if you're interested) suggested a 6-12 week wait, I mailed off my replacement form, printed a replacement on some nice card stock and was content with the situation.

Imagine my surprise when a just-off-the-press new Orange Transit Diodes card appeared in the mail less than a week after I'd mailed off the form!
Nice work, Fantasy Flight Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered this expansion. I probably would never have known about the problem. Thanks for the super helpful post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my replacement card yesterday. Only took 12 days, I think. I didn't expect to get mine for several weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised. I'll quote the title of this list, and say "Hooray for FFG!"

Printing (and other) issues will happen, but it's a sign of a good company when they resolve these issues quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Had not done an inventory of the Orange cards, so I hadn't noticed. Sent off for the replacement today (although, it won't impact us since we normally play four handed... I *am* a completest and knowing it was wrong would drive me nuts.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Willoughby
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Transit Diode came in the mail yesterday too. I sent my request in a little farther back so they probably just got the replacements in from the printer.

O_O

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.