Subject: Riding the highway - COIN sweep movement across multiple LoCs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Slovakia
Bratislava
--
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand if a group of cubes can ride multiple LoC's to their destination during sweeps in one operation, for example from Kabul to Kandahar (the border town, not the province), then to Farah.

The rules under 3.2.3 say:
"In addition, each group of Troops may first move onto an adjacent LoC (1.3.3) that is free of Sabotage (3.3.4) and then into an adjacent space."

However the Player aid (and most threads) suggest that coalition sweeps move "onto un-Sabotaged LoCs adjacent to them if desired, then into adjacent spaces."

Strictly speaking, if there's multiple destination spaces far away from one another, it's possible one group would go north on one LoC while one group went south on a different LoC, each only riding one leg of the highway, thus being in conformity with the text of the second version, (multiple LoCs,) while achieving only the restrictive results of the first (group movement with only one leg per group). (For example one group going Kabul to Balkh, another from Kabul to Kandahar)

What's the correct interpretation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not too sure what you are asking but this might help.

The use of LoC's is pretty flexible during a sweep except that you can only use one LoC per cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slovakia
Bratislava
--
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll rephrase:
A group rides the LoC from Kabul to Kandahar for a sweep. Nobody questions the legality of this.

But can a group ride from Kabul to Farah for a sweep?

Transport explicitly mentions a "chain of LoCs" but sweep only speaks of "LoCs". Sweep could have more than one destination, so it may have more than one group use multiple LoCs, but only one each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Only once LoC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
moela wrote:
I'll rephrase:
A group rides the LoC from Kabul to Kandahar for a sweep. Nobody questions the legality of this.

But can a group ride from Kabul to Farah for a sweep?

No.

Quote:
Sweep could have more than one destination, so it may have more than one group use multiple LoCs, but only one each.

This is correct. Sweep talks about "LoCs" as each Sweeping cube could use a different LoC than the other cubes, but as Mark says no cube may use more than one LoC per Sweep Op.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.