Paths of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mobilisation events. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Payne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Couple of clarifications with predictable answers, but still:

Landwehr - on the Replacement Cost Table does 'Flip 2...' really read as 'Flip [up to] 2'? Since Landwehr doesn't allow eliminated units to recreate, does a single reduced German corps (without other units hit) block the event by preventing a full RP from being used?

Without the event, it's always possible, right, to use an RP to restore 1 sole reduced corps? So there's no requirement for another corps to be hit to use the second option on the Replacement table - ?

Moltke - I take it what matters is the country where the units begin, not where they're attacking to, or advance to? So there's no activation penalty for attacking with units which start in Germany and advance, across the border, into France or Belgium?

Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
On your first question, you always have the option of playing a card for RP (unless your previous card that turn was for RP.) You never have to play Landwehr for the event.

The cost is based on where the units are when they are activated, as you suggest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Payne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
What I mean is the situation where the only CP casualties are 1 reduced corps (nothing else).

There is no restriction on playing the event when the 2 full RPs can't be used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What I mean is the situation where the only CP casualties are 1 reduced corps (nothing else).

There is no restriction on playing the event when the 2 full RPs can't be used?

Correct. But you lose the remaining RPs; you don't get them to spend at the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmb
Why would you use the beautiful Landwehr to repair a corps, while you can repair 2 armies with it?
IMO, this is THE card to break the French front line early in the war!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Payne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
But you can repair two corps for one army. The CF gained is the same, provided the corps stack with an army.

It may need longer to work, but with all four CP nationalities attacking the Russians to gain the RP advantage, playing Landwehr in the East makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D'Angelo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
JoshuaPayne wrote:
But you can repair two corps for one army. The CF gained is the same, provided the corps stack with an army.

It may need longer to work, but with all four CP nationalities attacking the Russians to gain the RP advantage, playing Landwehr in the East makes sense.

That's not how the Landwehr card works...you get to flip TWO UNITS period, no more than that, whether they are armies or corps. You're mistaking this card's effect with the normal replacement point process that occurs at the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Payne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
My cards are from the first edition, but it doesn't say this either on the card I have or on the amended version on ACTS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
That's not how the Landwehr card works...you get to flip TWO UNITS period, no more than that, whether they are armies or corps. You're mistaking this card's effect with the normal replacement point process that occurs at the end of the turn.

Wrong. Landwehr gives you 2 RP. Not just any two flipped units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D'Angelo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ugh, disregard my post. I've been playing that card wrong for 10 years now. Oy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.