Subject: Confused about number of starting followers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

I'm confused about the number of followers one is supposed to have in the "draw pool" at the beginning of the game. The rules says to remove 4 of the farmer, boatman and craftman in the 2 player game however when I'm looking at the cheat sheets in the files section they state they I should have for example 6 craftsmen in the game TOTAL! If I remove 4 craftmen from my total amount I end up with 10+. Can't do the math here, plz help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
These don't include the followers with your player color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, think I got that. So 6 craftsmen for the 2 player game excluding the followers with the player color? That would put my total number of craftsmen to 10 but I got like 19 or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are extra craftsmen provided in the deluxe set for a 5th player. You first remove them to get to the number for a 4-player game, which is 10. For a 3-player game, you remove 2 craftsmen, leaving 8. For a 2-player game, you remove 4, leaving 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sylvestris wrote:
Hmm, think I got that. So 6 craftsmen for the 2 player game excluding the followers with the player color? That would put my total number of craftsmen to 10 but I got like 19 or something.

You should have 12 "generic" craftsmen; i.e. not counting those of each play color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what you seek...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great chart, Mathue. Missing money (5p to 4p remove $40)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Money isn't limited, afaik.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
This is what you seek...

This chart is included in the Invasion-expansion....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hgcoleman wrote:
There are extra craftsmen provided in the deluxe set for a 5th player. You first remove them to get to the number for a 4-player game, which is 10. For a 3-player game, you remove 2 craftsmen, leaving 8. For a 2-player game, you remove 4, leaving 6.

Hmm, I think I've got 19 craftsmen, perhaps I got an extra counter sheet or something? Also got those strange cloth bags that looks like my grandmothers curtains. Also, I've got the standard version, not the deluxe one. I've got 8 of each color of the player specific followers as well.

Anyways, if I setup according to the cheat sheet and look at how many I'm supposed to have for a 2 player game I guess it doesn't matter how many I've got left?

So 6 craftmen it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Grandmother's curtains. Remember, you are working in an earlier era and those would be classy fabrics. You couldn't use 'robot' or 'space' printed themes - you could but why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Brown
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thorin2001 wrote:

By my understanding, money is limited. From the rules: "When there are not enough coins in the supply (temporarily), players cannot receive coins (at the moment)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roguester wrote:
Thorin2001 wrote:

By my understanding, money is limited. From the rules: "When there are not enough coins in the supply (temporarily), players cannot receive coins (at the moment)."

Yes, you are right.
Sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.