Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an idea on how they can test to see if some of these men are really gay.

Quote:
Newly-elected Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau met with government ministers Monday to quell security concerns about a plan to give asylum to 25,000 Syrian refugees. One of the anticipated policy changes would allow single gay men to seek refugee status while excluding "lone" straight men as potential terrorists, according to the Ottawa Citizen.

While Canada's refugee plan is focused primarily on families, women and children, government officials have acknowledged that gay men face intense persecution and will also give them priority status. Response to the plan was met with cautious concern, however, not because gay men were being allowed, but out of concern for implementing a blanket ban on "lone-male" refugees and what constitutes a family.

http://www.advocate.com/world/2015/11/24/canada-plans-welcom...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Perhaps, they are 'culling' potential prospects of them for their newly elected 'dudes'? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Men in families are not necessarily gay so the OP title is not correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
jmilum wrote:
Neither WERE those ONLY from 'Syria'! Maybe, even "BI"-guys as well, eh? robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Well what did you expect, also single women (lesbian or otherwise) are not included.

Why am I getting the impression there may be more (or should In say less) to this then the OP implies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Well what did you expect, also single women (lesbian or otherwise) are not included.

Why am I getting the impression there may be more (or should In say less) to this then the OP implies.
AHH here is the original story

http://www.advocate.com/world/2015/11/24/canada-plans-welcom...

So its because they are more vulnerable, and not because they are less likely to be terrorists. But yes, it does claim that single men may be excluded in case they are terrorists.

Also it seems to be an opinion of what might happen, and not anything even semi official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

who would be stupid enough to take the OP at face value?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess at least the one that thumbed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

I can never understand that guys' posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Grogs is many things but he's not stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
jmilum wrote:
BimmyJim wrote:

I can never understand that guys' posts.
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
GROGnads wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Neither WERE those ONLY from 'Syria'! Maybe, even "BI"-guys as well, eh? robot

Does it bother you that many people have complained [in your direction] that they can't understand your posts, or that I mostly don't read them only because I can't make heads or tails out of them?

For me the problem is not your use of color, it is that the words don't seem to mean to me as what they mean to you. You told me you are a native speaker. So, now I can wonder how it is that you don't seem to understand English in the same way I do.

I would want to communicate my thoughts so that the readers understood them and now write in a way that nobody else could understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Steve1501 wrote:
Does it bother you that many people have complained [in your direction] that they can't understand your posts, or that I mostly don't read them only because I can't make heads or tails out of them?
shake Why, no, 'naught' in the least and besides, they'll "pitch a bitch" anyways, JUST 'because' [SURVEY SAYS #1 Answer]:" those were: 'bitchers pitchers'!"
Steve1501 wrote:
For me the problem is not your use of color, it is that the works don't seem to mean to me as what they mean to you. You told me you are a native speaker. So, now I can wonder how it is that you don't seem to understand English in the same way I do.
WERE yours: lesserler; equaler; greaterler; and CHOOSERLER any of/from these.
Steve1501 wrote:
I would want to communicate my thoughts so that the readers understood them and nownot write in a way that nobody else could understand.
whistle Hey, you know: "to each accordingly with their compunction"; and with 'clarifying' further, then Steve, this is sans "making fun" of yourself explicitly, as "having fun" implicitly, since we're within their RSP presently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
jmilum wrote:
;) Neither WERE those ONLY from 'Syria'! Maybe, even "BI"-guys as well, eh? :robot:

For me the problem is not your use of color, it is that the words don't seem to mean to me as what they mean to you. You told me you are a native speaker. So, now I can wonder how it is that you don't seem to understand English in the same way I do.

I would want to communicate my thoughts so that the readers understood them and now write in a way that nobody else could understand.

He think he is being psycadelicaly inventive and clever, that is why he takes so much effort to do what I can do though raw talwent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
slatersteven wrote:
He think he is being psycadelicaly inventive and clever, that is why he takes so much effort to do what I can do though raw talwent.
shake "effortlessly", 'effusing', 'evocative', "effluence", "eff-U-U-u-u-u!" mlm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
:shake: "effortlessly", 'effusing', 'evocative', "effluence", "eff-U-U-u-u-u!" mlm:p
No just illiteratly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One post by RW usually contains more entertainment, insight and sense than the entire, collected contributions of half the people in RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Havighorst
Germany
Haltern am See
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my mind, I magine Robert as some wise owl in the forest on drugs. Mumbling cryptic solutions to the problems of mankind, as well as singing songs by ELO on request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravenhoe wrote:
In my mind, I magine Robert as some wise owl in the forest on drugs. Mumbling cryptic solutions to the problems of mankind, as well as singing songs by ELO on request.
Nostradamowl?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I look at it this way. Sure, Robert's (Grogs') manner of expression is odd but if one looks past that he has a lot worthwhile to say. I'd not want everyone to type as he does but he is a fixture of the Geek. We're not that jolly conformist are we that we eschew even one oddball among us, especially when that oddball offers a lot of insight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
I look at it this way. Sure, Robert's (Grogs') manner of expression is odd but if one looks past that he has a lot worthwhile to say. I'd not want everyone to type as he does but he is a fixture of the Geek. We're not that jolly conformist are we that we eschew even one oddball among us, especially when that oddball offers a lot of insight?
I look at is like this "I will judge him how I have been judged".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Do not to someone what you don't want done to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Do not to someone what you don't want done to you.
Great, I will niot complain about how you write if you do not complain how I wriute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Ravenhoe wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Nostradamowl?
cool "Nostradagyowl"!
While 'moi' "feminine-beside" were 'Cassandraesque' even, and ELO is a 'fav' of mine! /kiss\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
galad2003 wrote:
For me, I can't look past his manner of posting because I literally, have no idea what he is saying. It might as well be in a foreign language as far as I am concerned so I am just ignoring his posts from here on out.
THAT is 'precisely' what the 'ignorantors' were capable for 'admitting', so, once again:
whistle ~""ADMISSION ACCOMPLISHED!""
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.