Subject: dropping off goods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Carlile
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Just a question. Played 163 and noted in rules could drop off and pick up goods as often as one likes. Is the following allowed? Take, say a wheat, into a tile/city where wheat icon still has a wheat tile already on, drop wheat off trolley onto tile for later collection by oneself or another player, and collect the wheat. Or with a two goods capacity trolley, take a wheat in, pick up a wheat, put in trolley and now drop the wheat taken in onto the empty space, thus covering the wheat and putting wheat into own supply.
Does this violate any rules. I'm thinking of "each city only takes one good for each listed type". But does "only take" mean take as once covered, no good can be placed on the icon picture again, which would allow multiple goods of same type be left on the tile.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you can leave a good on a tile that doesn't have demand for it, but you won't get income or vp, it will just hang around on that hex until someone picks it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goods are never laid on the board if delivered. The cities instead get the red tokens on them. So you really can deliver one good only at each city
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumblygrew wrote:
I'm thinking of "each city only takes one good for each listed type". But does "only take" mean take as once covered, no good can be placed on the icon picture again, which would allow multiple goods of same type be left on the tile.
Thanks

Allowed, as the type of ressource in the supply is never included in the demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carlile
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thank you for replies but I'm unsure if folks have answered my question which I must admit may have been unclear. Yes Spiro I agree one can only deliver one good of the type demanded to a city, at which point it is covered over, and player takes the good into his collection for later scoring. But, I think I agree with Knave that I can drop off multiple goods of the same type. A player may go and collect them. I presume I can as well.

But can I do the following.... take a 2 good capacity trolley into a city, with a wheat already on, pick up the wheat from the city icon space, leaving icon free to drop the wheat I brought in off, (cover with red tile and put in own collection )and scoot away with the wheat just collected.

Can anyone help out with the latter specific point. Oh..anywhere in the rules which would stop me collecting a good, leaving city and returning to same city with the good to deliver it.
Thanks for replies so far
David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if the city gives wheat, it does not demand it, so your situation can never occur
if someone puts a wheat on a city, he would deliver it and not just let it there for someone else to collect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each city offers 1 type of good and demands one each of the other four goods. if you deliver wheat to a city that has a demand spot for it, that demand is filled you cover the wheat demand in that city the wheat token is removed from the board and is no longer available to be picked up. I can't see how you could do what you suggest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
Grumblygrew wrote:
Thank you for replies but I'm unsure if folks have answered my question which I must admit may have been unclear. Yes Spiro I agree one can only deliver one good of the type demanded to a city, at which point it is covered over, and player takes the good into his collection for later scoring. But, I think I agree with Knave that I can drop off multiple goods of the same type. A player may go and collect them. I presume I can as well.

But can I do the following.... take a 2 good capacity trolley into a city, with a wheat already on, pick up the wheat from the city icon space, leaving icon free to drop the wheat I brought in off, (cover with red tile and put in own collection )and scoot away with the wheat just collected.

Can anyone help out with the latter specific point. Oh..anywhere in the rules which would stop me collecting a good, leaving city and returning to same city with the good to deliver it.
Thanks for replies so far
David

A player may load and unload goods at any time, even at a city that already has a copy of that good, but can only deliver a good to a city that has demand for it. The circle icon on the city tile indicates which goods are produced. The four square icons on a city tile indicate which goods are demanded. The circle is always different from the four squares. Therefore no city demands a good that it produces. So any city that has a good on it is either producing that good and has no demand for it, or has already had its demand met and then later had someone else unload an extra of that good there.

So you may certainly move to a city, juggle a pair of identical goods there, leave, return, and juggle those goods again, but no good will be delivered as a result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carlile
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks folks for helpful replies, and now worried we played wrongly. We moved into cities delivering a good to any goods icon that had no tile on it, whereas you seem to be saying that I can only deliver to a city if I have a goods type, e.g wheat on the trolley that matches the small circle. However the rules say if I have two wanted goods on the trolley I can deliver both if the square icon pictures are empty. Therefore I presume I can deliver at any of two land cities that have circles that match one of the two goods on my trolley.
But now I've written this, I believe we were delivering correctly, as any empty space takes delivery. I've checked through the rules and can't find the description of the small circle. If a circle offers a good, how is this involved in the game.

I really am struggling with this, sorry, we played 163 Ta David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the square spaces are demands
The one round space on each city, tells you what you can get from that city

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, it seems there's quite a bit of confusion here. Let's start again, making no assumptions about previous comments being understood...

Here we can see City 6 (image taken from the rulebook):

The large icons show that the city demands one each of ore, wheat, fish and wood. The small circle shows the city produces four cattle goods.

So at the start of the game, you would place 4 cattle goods tokens over the small circle.

If you bring your trolley into the city while it is carrying ore, wheat, fish or wood picked up elsewhere, you could deliver that token to the city. You cover the image of the good you delivered with a covering token and the token you delivered goes into your supply and now counts for VP at the end of the game.

Whichever good you delivered cannot be delivered to that city again, as you covered the demand.

You cannot deliver multiple tokens of the same good at the same time. If you happened to have two wood tokens, due to having purchased a large cargo hold, delivering the first one would cover the wood demand. You would need to deliver the second one somewhere else.

The point in the rules mentioning delivering two goods at once occurs if you bring two different goods that a city demands at once. If you were carrying wood and fish in your trolley, you could enter the above city and deliver both the wood and the fish.

I think that covers everything and should go some way to solving the confusion. Please indicate if anything was unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carlile
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thank you Jorgen,
Sometimes those going down a blind alley in their own ignorance or misinterpretation need a clearer example. Why couldn't the rules be as explicit. I had not read the rules for sample game 123, which does clearly show the 4 tiles of same type put on the circle. And on reading page 10, module 1, had skipped the wording "matching the small circle" so put four square goods out. Difficult at the beginning of the game as we had picked up our starter good from the square tiles laid out and gone straight to each other's capitals where the 3 empty spaces were (3 players). However later we explored the map. Is there a danger that people will be going to the same areas to get their goods or randomly do people collect goods from all over in any order that suits them. Perhaps our way caused more interaction. Unsure.

Our wrong version did work quite well though. Now realise can't take a two capacity trolley in, take a wheat to cause demand on a square and drop off taken in wheat from second trolley bay. Tut Tut but was a nice interpretation for our wrong way of playing.

And on page 11 had re-interpreted the rule "can pick up one or two goods" as to mean must be able to pick up the 'different' square tiles instead of two of the same from the circle. Therefore can the game be quite cruel if pinching stuff and trolleying around that others might need?
Thank you to those who tried to explain but I did not understand. Much happier now. Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.