United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason not to camp the first turn if you dont move. Or any any turn after a camp action where you dont move. Since you do not move backwards from your camp site there is no negative, you deny icons to the other players, and you have all your cards back right away.
This seems like I am missing a rule as to why you woud not do this all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your camp token does not move backwards, but your scout still does. The only function of the camp token is to work with the two cards that care about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your scout does move backwards if you have any Day penalties, which you will because all the cards in your hand count as a day. Camp does not move backwards but you will have a lot farther to move your scout before the camp can move.

There is also a "Rule" which has been agreed upon by the designer (not in the rule book) to punish the player who moves their scout to the last place available behind St Louis. This is called the "stay back" strategy I think. You'll have to look in the forum for the agreed upon penalty, but I seem to remember it's losing one good per day you can't move back. There were two or 3 ideas mentioned but I can only remember this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
klbush wrote:

There is also a "Rule" which has been agreed upon by the designer (not in the rule book) to punish the player who moves their scout to the last place available behind St Louis. This is called the "stay back" strategy I think. You'll have to look in the forum for the agreed upon penalty, but I seem to remember it's losing one good per day you can't move back. There were two or 3 ideas mentioned but I can only remember this one.

Ohhh, it's a lot worse than that! From the publisher:

Quote:
1- Discard all the Encountered Characters you have recruited since the beginning of the game. (you just keep in hand your 6 starting Characters).
2- Discard all the resources and Indians you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Andrew says - check out: http://www.ludonaute.fr/portfolio/lewis-clark/?lang=en

About half way down page above FAQ - Official Errata to the Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.