Subject: OGG - New Location, and now every Wednesday ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emil
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello Ottawa gamers!

Mike has passed the torch of organizing the gaming night to Steve Mills and me (Emil)

We have great news for you: first, we have a new location for our gatherings. We are going to meet at the Center Town Legion, located at 330 Kent street.

I'm very excited about this location, it is free (no more $2.50!) and they won't kick us out until 11pm. Not bad!

The best part though, is that we'll play every Wednesday. For me, every other week just does not get it done.

So, double the play, cut down the price and make the sessions longer. Sounds good to me!

I want to thank Mike for all the effort he has put over the years keeping the club going, and for finding such a great new location.

See you all next Wednesday,

Steve and Emil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
So what happened to the original place? Did they just decide that they no longer wanted the gaming there?

Unfortunately, the new location will preempt any chance of me returning to OGG, but hoping the tradition continues for another 20 years!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
So what happened to the original place? Did they just decide that they no longer wanted the gaming there?

Unfortunately, the new location will preempt any chance of me returning to OGG, but hoping the tradition continues for another 20 years!

Actually, Mark scouted out the new location before he passed the torch, and I checked it out last week. It's open until 11 pm and has plenty of room. It meets our needs better than the other location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there better lighting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jme198 wrote:
Is there better lighting?

No About the same. It is better near the suffleboard...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Any parking primers for us sub(way sub)urban types contemplating going?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srlarkin wrote:

Any parking primers for us sub(way sub)urban types contemplating going?

Start south of the Legion, because Kent street is one-way North. Lots of parking on Kent itself and most side streets - Gilmour, MacLaren, Cooper. Meters mostly, free after 17:30.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.