Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first edition was published in 1996. It did not use the semi-CCG format that this new edition does use. The card deck had 100 cards.
The artwork on the cards doesn't seem to have changed between editions --it is still absolutely horrendous, like an amateur going berserk with newly discovered options of Corel Draw. The reference tables have such gory backgrounds they are nearly illegible.
Billed as a "strategic" card game, the game is simply Wiz War without the board: the players are wizards slinging spells at each other. Not very original, but not bad in a beer & pretzels way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Tremblay
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
mb
the game has evolved to 450 cards(in french), still up to 300 cards(in english).

the semi-CCG is a great thing IMHO, all the players drawing from the same stack is a split chances to got the win, all the players have the same chance to each others, witch is a huge hype!

many players & amateurs like/dislike the artwork, but, at the end, the cards looks great and you can recongnize them either by the artwork or by the name, so you choose where to look!!

so a great game not expensive at all, 2 to 10 player(ultimates games are 5-6 players for lengh issue) variants applicable, a lot of fun!

try it, do not judge this game by flaired reviwes!

enjoy!

jp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher radke
Canada
flag msg tools
Does anyone know where I can find more information or reviews on this game? I've seen it at my local store, but I can't get myself to spend $30 on something I know nothing about.

What is the gameplay like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.