Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Crawford
United States
Chester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can units initiate a land combat in a Free Blitz? On p.5, A.8: Blitz Phases, it says "...and no land area combats may be initiated." The scenario card however says that the AFA Free Blitz consists of steps D-F in the sequence of play, and step F is Land Area Combat.

The Full Blitz rules on P. 18, 2.2 Blitz Phases, lists the actions available in a Free Blitz and the only action listed for a land unit is movement. Land area combat is not mentioned

I assume the scenario set-up/"weapons development" card is in error and,in all scenarios and the full-game, a Free Blitz does not allow land combat. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
rcrawford wrote:
Can units initiate a land combat in a Free Blitz? On p.5, A.8: Blitz Phases, it says "...and no land area combats may be initiated." The scenario card however says that the AFA Free Blitz consists of steps D-F in the sequence of play, and step F is Land Area Combat.

The Full Blitz rules on P. 18, 2.2 Blitz Phases, lists the actions available in a Free Blitz and the only action listed for a land unit is movement. Land area combat is not mentioned

I assume the scenario set-up/"weapons development" card is in error and,in all scenarios and the full-game, a Free Blitz does not allow land combat. Is that correct?

Hi Robert,

The rules are correct, no land area combats are allowed during a Free Blitz. The scenario card may be misleading; which one are you looking at?

Thanks,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
Chester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at the Scenario 1 set-up card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
rcrawford wrote:
I was looking at the Scenario 1 set-up card.
Yep, should have said D&E in that context. I'll add it to the errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule A.8 says during the Free Blitz that no Land Combats can be initiated.

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.