Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone print the 2.0 cards yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Castillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ok, I have been sitting on this for a while and have posted before so I pulled the trigger and ordered the game and some extra monsters and lairs, traps, etc.. today.

The question I have is how do I print there 2.0 cards. I looked on the forum and can't find one where someone has the photos loaded where you can order them. They are in PDF format on the Megacon site.

Has anyone printed the 2.0 cards? Give me some tips or help. I don't want to have to go into photoshop and do this for all the different cards.

Any advice?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I printed the Hero cards on cardstock from the PDF sheets, cut them apart, and then sleeved them. (Since the Hero card decks are used constantly when using the particular heroes, I figured that they were the most important thing to print out.) That's what I have been using for the last few months. As for the item cards, I just refer to the PDF when I get an item and if there is a significant difference from the original card, I make a note on a bit of paper and slide it into the sleeve to remind me. I didn't see much point in printing them out and cutting them when I would be getting the updates soon, since most of the item cards aren't used every game. The same for the rulebook, quests, traps, monster cards. I just printed out the sheets/pages I thought I would need to use/refer to a lot, and let the rest just stay as PDFs for reference since I will be getting the printed updates.

EDIT: the 2.0 rulebook and base game replacement cards (except for the Darkness Deck and Merchants, which are not being updated), plus the expansion hero 2.0 cards are available as free downloads at the Megacon Games website. But the cards for any of the later stuff are not, so you will have to make do with the cards for the other monsters (remember, the darkness decks are still okay) until those cards come out in a year or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmb
chico_ace wrote:
Ok, I have been sitting on this for a while and have posted before so I pulled the trigger and ordered the game and some extra monsters and lairs, traps, etc.. today.

The question I have is how do I print there 2.0 cards. I looked on the forum and can't find one where someone has the photos loaded where you can order them. They are in PDF format on the Megacon site.

Has anyone printed the 2.0 cards? Give me some tips or help. I don't want to have to go into photoshop and do this for all the different cards.

Any advice?

Thanks!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1397776/myth-20-hero-decks-...

There are links in the above thread to the 2.0 content at PrinterStudio.

The way PS works, someone manually assembled those, so do your due diligence before you spend any money.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cutthroat Cardboard (Barry)
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've printed them all onto light card and then cut them up with sissors. (A job to do whilst listening to your favourite podcast and drinking a beer )

I then sleeved them with the original card they replaced, this worked as a check as well as providing stiffness and card backs. It was slow and boring (so pick a decent beer ) but worth doing, particularly if your playing with people who didn't regularly play the earlier edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The package 2.0 will be added to the MCG store. There is a lot of cards to print, it will be probably cheaper than printerstudio on their website even if we don't know the price yet (it was 6$ during the ks but will be more expansive).
I guess they will add it after every journeyman backer will have theirs (or at least US customers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
The package 2.0 will be added to the MCG store. There is a lot of cards to print, it will be probably cheaper than printerstudio on their website even if we don't know the price yet (it was 6$ during the ks but will be more expansive).
I guess they will add it after every journeyman backer will have theirs (or at least US customers).

Echoing these sentiments. The 2.0 materials are shipping to backers right now. MegaCon has stated they'll put whatever residual inventory they have onto their webstore after backers received the 2.0 content.

I'd hope this means the 2.0 content will be available to order before the Christmas holidays.

I printed the 1.1 content at Printerstudio and paid something close to $40. The 2.0 cards include more content than 1.3, so I'd consider $40 a minimum estimate. I can't see MegaCon's webprice being anywhere close to this. I seem to recall hearing $10 for the 2.0 package, but consider that unsubstantiated. I'd definitely wait a little longer to see what MegaCon does during the month of December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Castillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hopefully they sell the cards soon. I'm a stickler for getting everything right and am not sure why they don't have the 2.0 stuff so you can simply load it to a site that can create the cards for you.

Super excited to get this game next week in the mail and just want everything right when I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmb
chico_ace wrote:
Hopefully they sell the cards soon. I'm a stickler for getting everything right and am not sure why they don't have the 2.0 stuff so you can simply load it to a site that can create the cards for you.

Super excited to get this game next week in the mail and just want everything right when I play.

It's not my intention to stir the pot, but when you say "I'm a stickler for getting everything right" it makes me worry a bit, because for me, Myth has worked best when we take a step back from trying to get "right" and make sure we get fun first.

Outside the story mode, the game is very open. The inner gameplay loop of hero cycle vs darkness cycle really forces a group of players to work together (in a good way) and the (fun)tension that builds can be broken if you let yourself get too much in your head. My advice when you get to something you can't immediately solve is make a decision in the moment to do what makes the most sense in the moment, and come back to it later (someone looks at rules while another is doing the next tile's setup, for example) and resolve to play it "right" when the issue comes up again. It's a cooperative game - nobody needs to lose (unless your story's best served by that sort of thing).

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, you have to give the game a bit of slack. In my mind it's the product of highly creative but disorganised people. That's entirely forgivable in my eyes but might not be in everyone's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.