Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget about the Math Trade happening this weekend at BGBTB in Auckland.

What is a Math Trade?

The Wiki wrote:
This is a trade between a whole bunch of people at once, using an algorithm (such as used by TradeMaximizer) to decide who should send their game to whom. Because of the algorithm used, you can only get a game you prefer over what you started with. (Or at worst, you may just keep your original game, ie. doesn't trade.)

Sometimes this kind of trade is called a "mathematical no-risk trade list." This is just a longer name for the same thing.

How will it work at BGBTB this weekend?

Bring along any games you are thinking about trading and register your items for the trade before 12pm.

An "Item" could be a single game, or multiple games, expansions etc. It is up to you.

Each Item will be given a number.

At 12pm, entries will close, and you will be given a "Want List" to complete for each Item you are trading.

You have until 4pm to complete your Want List(s) and return them.

A "Want List" is a list of the item numbers you would be happy to receive for your item, listed in the order of preference.

So you might say "for my item 34, I would be happy with 23, 5, 82, 16".

You can put as many games on your Want List as you wish.

If you see nothing you like - just submit an empty Want List, and your item will not trade.

Once all Want Lists are in, we feed the numbers into the magic computer program, and it works out the optimal trades.

Note that the order of preference you give is only used as a tie-breaker. The program is aiming to make as many trades as possible.

By 6pm, we will have results - and you will have your new games!

Feel free to ask any questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.