Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan lundberry
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Read my stories on www.dicetowernews.com
mbmbmbmbmb
So Rob Searing's game insert site inserthere.me is having their Black Friday sale where if you buy two game inserts you get two free. This can end up being a great deal. He just launched his new site and announced a few new inserts including terra mystica and that he will be making one for Orleans.

Promo code: blackfriday2015

Code good through midnight on Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Osterlund
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if the Castles of Mad King Ludwig insert is designed with Secrets in mind? I tried making an account to send an email to ask myself but the site is giving me an error message when I try to register. I will likely be picking up inserts for Robinson Crusoe, Mage Knight, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, and Game of Thrones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan lundberry
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is he put enough space in to accommodate secrets when he originally designed the insert.

Also it will register you on the site when you place your first order. He puts his email out there if you have questions tho as robertsearing@hotmail.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delton P.
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Just picked a few up. Well, 4, but that's still only a few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BLAGH I wasn't going to do any BF Shopping, but after my recent attempt at making an insert it took forever and I'm lazy and Orleans Deluxe Insert!!!!

Fine, Orleans, Robsinon Crusoe (that was going to be my next attempt), Dead of Winter and Chaos in the Old World. I'm hoping this will get CitOW and RC to the table again. LOVE LOVE LOVE those games but setup can be daunting. If only he had a Brew Crafters one I'd give him all the money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Sedalia
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm missing it, but what material is the insert made out of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Konata wrote:

Looks like common posterboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna H
United States
Beverly Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Adventures of a Solo Astronaut
mbmbmbmbmb
Streven wrote:
Konata wrote:

It's foamcore.

Just picked up Robison Crusoe, Fields of Arle, Elder Sign, and Legends of Andor.

Only bummer is it looks like they won't be shipping till next Feb

"There are 243 insert(s) in front of your order. I should be able to start your order on 02/15/2016."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the offer limited to once per order? I can't find details on the site. I made an order with eight $39 inserts and four $19 inserts but the code would only deduct $38 for the two lowest items. I'm assuming he did it that way so people (like me!) wouldn't try to abuse the $13 flat rate shipping. Anybody know for sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ophryon wrote:
Is the offer limited to once per order? I can't find details on the site. I made an order with eight $39 inserts and four $19 inserts but the code would only deduct $38 for the two lowest items. I'm assuming he did it that way so people (like me!) wouldn't try to abuse the $13 flat rate shipping. Anybody know for sure?

I believe that is true. I tried the same last night, make 2 orders maybe? sucks having to pay the extra on shipping but the overall savings makes up for it I feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fourquartets wrote:
Streven wrote:
Konata wrote:

It's foamcore.

Just picked up Robison Crusoe, Fields of Arle, Elder Sign, and Legends of Andor.

Only bummer is it looks like they won't be shipping till next Feb

"There are 243 insert(s) in front of your order. I should be able to start your order on 02/15/2016."

This is what I get for not ordering late last night, 207 in front of me, boo. Well now it's down to 185 so wow, that's progress givin it's Thanskgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan lundberry
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically if you do it as separate orders it will allow the code to be used more than once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moody
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Bulbous also tapered?
badge
When we play a new game I always review the rules afterwards to discover mistakes. Somehow, those mistakes always benefited me
mbmbmbmbmb
Great customer service!

I was in too much of a rush when placing my order, trying to return to dinner-prep service before the Mistress of Ceremonies could notice my absense. I inadvertently skipped over the fourth item I wanted and placed my order. A few hours later I realized my mistake and contacted the Inserthere owner via his website messaging service, and he graciously added my fourth item at no charge. All this on Thanksgiving night, no less.

Btw, he said he is very thankful for the orders pouring in and hopes everyone will be patient as he fulfills them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish you didn't have to have multiple orders to get the discount several times. Other sites that seem to have that tend to also have free shipping. May be good for my wallet though, as I would probably order far more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan lundberry
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it is intentional I know that he has worked hard getting the new site launched in time for Black Friday and the promo code bug didn't get found until it went live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Get cool game inserts at www.inserthere.me
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gang, just a note...I had a new site launch that, when importing old orders, didn't mark them as shipped. I'm working on getting that fixed. Order completion is a very rough guess based on getting three inserts complete a day, which I'm surpassing. The bug should be fixed shortly. I just noticed this thread, so apologies in the delay in commenting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Anyone know if the Castles of Mad King Ludwig insert is designed with Secrets in mind?

The current insert hold Secrets. Apparently while the site was in "test mode" I didn't upload new pics for it. I'll do that now. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Anyone know if the Castles of Mad King Ludwig insert is designed with Secrets in mind?

It's black poster foam board (3/16 " thick) Elmer's brand. Just a note, I don't claim to be any different from many others that make foam inserts....I've just refined my own process and have done my best to get a wide variety of games out there. I'm not always the cheapest solution for inserts, but I have to live with that as it's just me and my wife out of the home doing this. Mine do come assembled, and are very light weight - yet durable. Thanks for asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Horsley
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rsearing wrote:
Hey gang, just a note...I had a new site launch that, when importing old orders, didn't mark them as shipped. I'm working on getting that fixed. Order completion is a very rough guess based on getting three inserts complete a day, which I'm surpassing. The bug should be fixed shortly. I just noticed this thread, so apologies in the delay in commenting.

Thank you so much for being responsive! I happily ordered because I am not very crafty and happy to help another gamer that is crafty since I am kind of addicted to keeping my games organized so I appreciate this service and the deal is great!

If we already ordered and received confirmation though we don't need to worry right? I noticed that I was 217 in line when I first ordered than last night it went to 221 so wasn't sure if something happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - so the deal is, there was a very long time when the site was being tested. When it went live it didn't mark all the orders that had shipped while it was being tested as complete. I started manually marking them as complete but then that started keying emails to people that was confusing them so I stopped and decided on waiting for my developer to get back from Thanksgiving.

Now, I need to be clear, this sale has been very successful, but it's not nearly as bad as one may think. The date that it projects is also a very rough guess that I tend to surpass due to working 7 days a week - during holidays - and well into the night.

I should have that count fixed either today or over the weekend. Sorry about that!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rsearing wrote:
Yeah - so the deal is, there was a very long time when the site was being tested. When it went live it didn't mark all the orders that had shipped while it was being tested as complete. I started manually marking them as complete but then that started keying emails to people that was confusing them so I stopped and decided on waiting for my developer to get back from Thanksgiving.

Now, I need to be clear, this sale has been very successful, but it's not nearly as bad as one may think. The date that it projects is also a very rough guess that I tend to surpass due to working 7 days a week - during holidays - and well into the night.

I should have that count fixed either today or over the weekend. Sorry about that!!

No worries here, was a little shocking but knowing they're hand made I could care less...ok maybe if it was like 9 months out maybe I'd have issue. Just concentrate on having a great and Happy Thanksgiving with your family. My Orleans will still get played plenty, Robinson Crusoe now that may sit in the dark until these show up. I seriously have the foam board sitting by the box as I was going to make my own, now I'll switch that to Brew Crafters, so many pieces oof.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.