Subject: What to do with the extra Technology discs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claude Tucker
Canada
North Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
My set came with 20 wooden Technology tiles (gears), but I couldn't find anything in the "when not playing with 5 players" notes that said to remove any Technology tiles from the game.

I'm assuming that 20 tiles are needed in the 5 player game and 16 in all others - since Technology tiles are supposed to be limited.

Can anyone confirm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
Slayer6022 wrote:
My set came with 20 wooden Technology tiles (gears), but I couldn't find anything in the "when not playing with 5 players" notes that said to remove any Technology tiles from the game.

I'm assuming that 20 tiles are needed in the 5 player game and 16 in all others - since Technology tiles are supposed to be limited.

Can anyone confirm?

The cheat sheet in the 5-player expansion confirms. Two of each "basic" worker and three of each "advanced" worker are removed for each player below 5, six goods for each player below 4, and four Tech tiles when not playing with 5.

Honestly, a lot of questions people ask about the Deluxe edition can be answered by going to the forum for the original game. I don't know why the Deluxe even has its own entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedit wrote:
Slayer6022 wrote:

Can anyone confirm?

The cheat sheet in the 5-player expansion confirms. Two of each "basic" worker and three of each "advanced" worker are removed for each player below 5, six goods for each player below 4, and four Tech tiles when not playing with 5.

Honestly, a lot of questions people ask about the Deluxe edition can be answered by going to the forum for the original game. I don't know why the Deluxe even has its own entry.

Or just reading the rules. The components list on the front page of the rule book lists what should be there for a 4 player game. Page three lists what to take out for 3 or 2 player games.

Edit: Which it sounds like the OP has done, and gotten it correct, and is only confirming this with others, which makes sense. Just getting a little surprised at all of the people who think this is completely confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Adelaide
msg tools
mb
I have the deluxe edition, and neither the rules nor the 5 player sticker say anything about removing technology tiles when playing with various numbers of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jarrahmuller wrote:
I have the deluxe edition, and neither the rules nor the 5 player sticker say anything about removing technology tiles when playing with various numbers of players.

The rules are for 4 players. The component list states there should be 16 technology tiles. The cardboard tokens are for 4 players and have 16 technology tiles. The wooden tokens are for 5 players and have 20 technology tiles. The rules don't say anything about removing technology tiles for 3 or 2 players.

Extrapolating, I would assume, as the OP has, that you use 20 technology tiles for 5 players, and 16 for 2, 3, or 4 players.

I admit that it could be much more explicit, but it isn't as terrible as some are making it out to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.