Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Satkowiak
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys ... I have a couple of questions that the rulebook wasn't able to clear up.

1) At what point does a character's life get lost when losing a battle?

Scenario: The final two characters are battling it out at the Crown of Command. Both are at one life each. One of them has a Healing spell. One of the character's turn begins and he encounters the other character. They fight and roll. The character that does not have the Healing spell wins the battle, causing the other character to lose his final life. Can he cast the Healing spell to save his life? OR is he dead the moment he rolls too low in the battle and loses his last life, and therefore incapable of casting any spell?

2) Can a character evade either the a pit fiend or the werewolf? I would think the answer is 'no'. However, the rulebook does say that you can evade the Sentinel, which otherwise MUST be defeated before moving past. So without a specific statement in the rulebook saying that these cannot be evaded, I'm tempted to apply the rule of the Sentinel over to them as well.

Thanks, everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
POUM
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He/She can cast the spell and save his/her life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Ideas are bulletproof
badge
I think, therefore I am, I think
mbmbmbmbmb
abraham blauvelt wrote:
He/She can cast the spell and save his/her life.

Not according to the FAQ:

Healing
Q: Can a character cast the Healing Spell when he loses his last life?
A: No. A character must have at least one life remaining in order to heal or gain life
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the core rule book on page 14 under evading:

Quote:
Only other characters can be evaded in the Inner Region; creatures
from board spaces there cannot be evaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.