Subject: Renting Roads ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Lalyman
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
A campaigning army can move to an adjacent location if the army's empire has a connecting road.
If the Empire doesn't have the needed road, could he make a deal with another Empire to use his roads ?
I had this show up in a solo game - such a deal would have prevented the third empire to reach supremacy (and, in fact, did, as I decided to allow it for the sake of "political realism" devil )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe that access to roads is a permitted item in negotiation. However, you can move armies without a road at a cost of 2 gold (1 if you have the Afghan favour). You could certainly negotiate for another player to float you this cash if you were short.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lalyman
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
I think you are right - first because no player "controls" an empire, so they can't lend your their resources. Second because it forces you to spend the money (given to you or from your own pocket) on the market, giving new opportunities to other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSoundOfTrees wrote:
I think you are right - first because no player "controls" an empire, so they can't lend your their resources. Second because it forces you to spend the money (given to you or from your own pocket) on the market, giving new opportunities to other players.

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.