Popular Tags: gatlingEngine [+] CCGWorkshop.com [+] [View All]
Ramon Garcia
Philippines
Pasig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, the game log for this session was corrupt and I was unable to save the first portion. We'll pick up the pieces for turn 1 and part of turn 2 from the Rage forums on CCGWorkshop.com. I played the deck I'm probably proudest of, not just because of it's efficiency but because of the very obscure use I put some cards into. PaF started off at a disadvantage, having only 19 Renown worth of Characters.

LordKuato: Guides-to-Truth, Jacky Gecko, Lamurun

Picks-at-Flies: Passer, Stalks Death, Walks-with-Might

ss730: Bron Mac Fionn, Gloom at Midnight

Setup Phase:
Jacky pulls out a shiny 9mm Semi Auto Pistol

Turn 1:
There isn't much info left to salvage what happened during turn 1. It is apparent, though that nothing of note happened outside of some equipment being played that did not have a lasting effect on the game. I also probably got 1 VP from a Dominance during the course of the first two turns. That Victory Point is unaccounted for in the log. The Silent Striders also apparently have a Kinfolk Veterinarian to assist them. The Striders also appear to have slain a 10 Renown Enemy as they have 10 unaccounted for VP's, though it's more likely to be a Sabbat Fiend slain with a Head or Gut?.

Turn 2:
The log begins at the very end of the Combat Phase of turn 2. It appears that Gloom at Midnight had been in the middle of a battle against a Silent Strider and we've just seen combat end due to simultaneous bluffs.

I ask and learn that Gloom has taken six points of damage. The Uktena alpha (presumably Guides-to-Truth) attacks Gloom, who immediately flees into the Umbra, ending the second turn.

Turn 3:
We pick up stats during the Regeneration Phase; Stalks Death had a Leaping Rake and Lucky Blow (8 damage). Lamurun had a Leaping Rake as well (5 damage). Gloom had two Lucky Blows (6 damage).

The Silent striders the summon a Ka Spirit and control the Fountain of 1000 Grieving Battles. All three packs claim Caerns. Uktenas: Caern of the Waking Dream. Silent Striders: The Wheel of Ptah. Fiannas: Sky River Caern. The Uktenas also bring out an Avahuasca.

Gloom tries to steal a Suit of Mirrors off of Stalks Death with his Sticky Paws, but Stalks' Paws are Stickier.

Lamurun enters the Umbra. Gloom faces Stalks death in the physical world, they clash and Gloom takes the short end of the stick, falling to the Strider after suffering a Mangle.

Lamurun plays Shattering the Binding Fetters, releasing his Avahuasca from servitude and sending it to the Hunting Grounds as an enemy. He slays the defenseless Prey with a Telling Blow.

Turn 4:
Walks-with-Might Renounces his Auspice with a Rite. Preferring to follow the ways of the Ragabash. The Uktenas have a second Avahuasca Ally.

A pair of Sabbat Fiends check to see what the commosion is about.

Lamurun and Guides switch worlds, reversing their roles. Bron then plays Eye of the Cobra on Stalks Death, who is sacrificed to the Winter Wolf.

Bron, Walks-with-Might and Guides are alphas. Bron takes on a Vampire. Bron gets hit with a Head Wound and the Fiend takes the chance to run away. Right into the hands of Walks. Walks Stands Like a Fool but is Dominated by Lamurun. The Vampire is then Shrouded.

Guides follows in Lamuruns footsteps and sets up an Avahuasca for death. Telling Blow!

SS and PaF are stunned. They had never seen Shattering the Binding Fetters used, much less used to such effectivity. That will teach them to mess with Lord Kuato

Final Score:
LordKuato: 20
Picks-at-Flies: 19
ss730: 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thijs Smitskamp
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lordkuato wrote:
It appears that Gloom at Midnight had been in the middle of a battle against a Silent Strider and we've just seen combat end due to simultaneous bluffs.

I don't get this. Why do simultaneous bluffs end combat?

The official FAQ states combat ends if "nobody plays a Combat Action during a combat round"

Under bluffing it says that if the character plays an event card as an action (which is of course illegal and therefore a bluff), "The card is discarded with no effect, and all bluffs targeting the character work. However, he is still considered to have played a Combat Action."

Am i missing something here?

Bluffing is already so hard to get through. I really wouldn't like my rare succesfull bluff to end combat before i have a chance to finish my opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Garcia
Philippines
Pasig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a matter of terminology. "Bluff" often gets confused with "Playing a null card" when the term bluff is used as a verb (ie: "fooling" your opponent).

This is what happened here.

On the gatlingEngine, we have a mechanism in play to simulate "not playing a card" or "pulling a card back to your hand". It makes things clearer given the mechanical difficulties of playing on line. This is what happened in this situation. Both PaF and SS played a gEngine "Null Card". If they had been playing face to face, they would have been pulling their cards back in hand at that point and combat would have ended.

This in no way was a "Bluff" as explained in the rules. Sorry for the mix-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.