Subject: What happened here? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ignacio quezada
Chile
santiago
región metropolitana
flag msg tools
I wondered what happened with myths and legends in US. Did it fail? Until which edition did it reach? Because in my country the game is a total success

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
doomdominus wrote:
I wondered what happened with myths and legends in US. Did it fail? Until which edition did it reach? Because in my country the game is a total success

***Unfortunately it did fail here. The only edition to make widespread release was Brotherhood. There was also some selling of the Arthurian expansion with "Sword" in the title. I don't recall and I should.

There are many reasons why it was a success in Chile and not here, but it was given a shot and missed.

Zev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I demoed it at Gen Con, and found it to be a decent enough game. The theme was good as well, but there were so many CCGs on the market at the time. It was just a bad time to be launching a new one I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ignacio quezada
Chile
santiago
región metropolitana
flag msg tools
If there is some german person here, i wondered if the game also failed in germany

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ignacio quezada
Chile
santiago
región metropolitana
flag msg tools
In germany the editions get to the Crusades, an expansion of sacred sword, did this expansion get to US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ignacio quezada
Chile
santiago
región metropolitana
flag msg tools
I'm posting some images of cards imprented in Chile, one from Helenica (greek myths) and other from Hijos de Daana "Children of Daana" (Celtic myths)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Duve

Arizona
msg tools
Let's try a resurgence! If it was the wrong time a few years ago, why not try now? If a new edition were released it could reopen the English market. Of course, I think a standardization of the cards would be necessary, as I have found MANY differences in the cards from Spanish to English in regards to affects, abilities, and gold costs. I have written to Salo in Chile, twice, but for some reason have not received any answer. Does anyone have a better contact for the English market?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Nova
Mexico
flag msg tools
doomdominus wrote:

In my country was a succes too! But at this time I don´t know if there´s still selling the cards in Mexico. I´ve heard that SALO went to bankrupcy.
Did they??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Espinosa
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They did, but recently there's a new publisher who got the rights and they are doing new editions. They are doing like a second expansion already for this run of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.