Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently picked up this cheap little addition for my Settlers game. My directions say, "Place the river tile so the 2 water hexsides are on the islands edge (by sea hexes)."

By my interpretation this means that this tile could be places on of three (six) places. Right in the middle (and reversed) and to the right of that (and reversed) and on the edge (and reversed)

Yet, in the few photos this game has it is in the same place (one to the rightof the middle)

Do those of you who use this always put it in the same place? and if so, why?

Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always place it so that it starts at the edge and then towards the center of the board. Haven't tried it any other way but this seems to give all players a chance to place settlements near it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it to mean that it can be placed anywhere, as long as *at least* those two hex sides touch the ocean. That gives it 18 possible placements (on top of a full map. which is to say, 3 different ways a map can be built around it). The swamp can go along any of the 12 island edge hexes, with two possible orientations for each corner hex and one for each mid-edge hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.