Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Omar Mariotti
Italy
Lucca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THE LAST WAR

The game is a struggle on Earth to win the war, between terrestrial and alien soldier soldier.It 'a game of positioning. You have to create a situation for the benefit of the forces that the player holds.

2 players 15-30 ' minutes

[Wip] Thread
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1479783/wip-18-card-microga...

Download
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxrUl5M7IhY_eEVndlMw...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Davidson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: [WIP] 18 Card MicroGame Contest - The Last Frontier
I like the theme and look of the game. I gave the game a whirl, but I could not understand the English rules.

Maybe you can find somebody who has good Italian and English to understand the game and translate. You could try asking the Europe/Italy regional forum for help.

The rules also look like they need to be streamlined. In particular, I couldn't understand the reason of the card's layout on the table. The steps of a game, round, and turn should be explained more clearly.

Regarding the design, maybe the numbers Could be bigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Mariotti
Italy
Lucca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TimST1E wrote:
I like the theme and look of the game. I gave the game a whirl, but I could not understand the English rules.

Maybe you can find somebody who has good Italian and English to understand the game and translate. You could try asking the Europe/Italy regional forum for help.

The rules also look like they need to be streamlined. In particular, I couldn't understand the reason of the card's layout on the table. The steps of a game, round, and turn should be explained more clearly.

Regarding the design, maybe the numbers Could be bigger.

Thanks for your feedback.surprise
is my Achilles heel.
I will try to see where you you do not understand.
What did you not understand ? some points are clear, others a little 'less, but that does not understand anything about anything, I do not believewhistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Davidson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
To be honest, I got that players each select a pilot card and then some sort of purchase drafting happens. Nothing beyond that. I don't understand the layout, goal, or different numbers. I grasped from the words that cards can be bought, traded, locked, and blocked -- but I couldn't figure out how any of these would work.

I'm not familiar with any similar game, I havn't really played many drafting or deck building games. There might be a core concept I'm not getting that others familiar with drafting games would.

And remember, writing a lucid and clear game rule book in your native language is difficult. Particularly under the space constraints of this contest.

A YouTube video helped me learn HAZE CITY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Mariotti
Italy
Lucca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks tim , Thanks for your feedback, I am reviewing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Davidson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: [WIP] 18 Card MicroGame Contest - The Last Story
How's it coming along, any updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Mariotti
Italy
Lucca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP] 18 Card MicroGame Contest - The Last Story
ohhhhh thanks tim ! yes i have end now my new project
now i have a strategy game , new set, because the old set
"the last frontier".
wait - upload a image of the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.