Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello!

We played the scenario The Forge (from Claustrophobia: De Profundis), in which the humans created a powerful artifact, Saint Alos, a while is still experimental, it can enhance greatly the human ranks in the battle against the demons. But the troglodytes, in an unsual action, went out of their underground homes and stole the artifact, which was being kept in three boxes, divided in pieces. A group of warriors was sent quickly after the troglodytes and it wasn't a moment too soon, since the warriors barely have time to enter the tunnels before an explosion sealed the passage. Now the humans had not only to retrieve the artifact, but also find a way out of the underground.

The most unique part of this scenario is that the demon player can also explore passages, in the same way as the human player do, and the demon player start with initiative. Therefore the whole thing turned in a frantic pursue, with the warriors going after the troglodytes. The human team is composed by a Redeemer, two blades for hire, one brute and one sicaria. The mercenaries carry one Blunderbuss each, and the Redeemer can heal the others and smite the evil out of the demons (by crushing them to their death).

Early on the troglodytes were fleeing and one group found a hole in the ground, which other group used, and two crates of the artifact were together. This was a mistake of the dumb creatures, since the blades for hire shot all of them to their death, and the sicaria was able to take one of the crates, and a mercenary other. Now the situation wasn't looking good for the demons, as the sicaria is a veritable tank, due to her resilience ability. The demons sent their Hellhounds to attack the mercenary, and though he suffered some damage, he was concentrate in defending, not attacking or moving fast, so he was able to sustain the attacks without much wounds taken.

The third party of troglodytes was fleeing from the Redeemer, which was on their heels, but without really being able to catch them. Two troglodytes stayed behind in order to try to slow down the Redeemer and were swiftly destroyed.

In the search of the way out (as two crates were enough to rebuild the artifact) the warriors extended their line a little too much, and the mercenary with a crate bumped in a dead end. Not good, not good at all, but at least a Brute was there to give him some cover.

The Redeemer eventually was able to catch the troglodyte with the crate, however two new creatures had joined in and protected the one carrying the box, so the Redeemer failed to catch the little devil. The mercenaries, brute and the sicaria were having more success, having resisted well to two Hellhounds.

The situation was tricky for both sides, though, as there were three tiles left to complete the map. If the way out was on the part of the dungeon where the Redeemer was, the others would have to do a huge return, more than enough for the wounds pilled up and they would fall one by one. So had 1 chance in 3 of revealing the way out with one of the blades for hire, and he just fell on foul water. I thought it was over, as the troglodytes on the other side would explore twice, find the exit, and I would be in deep trouble.

However, I had it wrong. I thought the tile they were on had three routes out, but it truly had only one, the others were dead ends. So it wasn't a sure thing anymore! Still, it was a 50/50 chance, but, for me, it was 50 more than a I had just a moment before. The troglodyte explored and... it wasn't the exit! With a 180º shift, now the humas had the win of their hands. The sicaria revelad the exit and arrived in it. There was now the matter of leading the mercenary, with the second crate, there also, and it would take at least two rounds.

The demons, in despair, invested all they had into sending their Demon of Combat, and it attacked the mercenary with dire results. The mercenary had only two life, and the demon try to used an acid fog to bring down the human, but by faith alone he resisted. This way the mercenary arrived in the exit, giving the win for the humans this time.

In the lower part you can see the mercenary almost in the exit. Way, way up there, the Redeemer in his implacable (and fruitless) chase to get the troglodyte with the third crate:

In detail, the sicaria and the blade for hire in the exit, while the frustrated troglodytes arrived too late to catch them:

This was a very quick scenario, as the purpose of it wasn't combat, it was speed. Both sides were trying to control the place in which the exit and the troglodyte lair (this is the place in which the crates must be taken) would appear, and, at first, the warriors were all in a wild chase. We both enjoyed greatly!

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Nice review... GREAT PHOTOS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Claustrophobia is one of these gamee which sessions of are always read with pleasure. It's like another adventure in the tunnels :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.