6 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Promo cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ismael Scalcon
Brazil
flag msg tools
So, for reasons beyond me (mainly living in a shitty country) I was not able to back the game during the Kickstarter campaign.

I just bought it from Miniature Market though, and was wondering if there is any way to get the promo cards, or, at least the Gods and Demigods, without being ripped off by people on eBay.

To be fair, I think that the Gods and Demigods should be part of the core set, due to giving more game options and extending it's life time before becoming somewhat boring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dheyrdre Machado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ismael, na Ludopedia ta rolando um leilão e tem as cartas do KS.

Muito gente conseguiu comprar, acho que não vai ser tão difícil achar no Brasil por um preço justo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you. I passed on trying the game because the promos are unavailable at a reasonable price. I also seems like White Wizard split the game up into a small box to tap into the Star Realms demographic or to take advantage of impulse buys at the cash register.

I would have preferred the game to come in a nice box that could hold 3 sets of sleeved cards along with a better rulebook that was priced at $60 (I'm assuming the box and larger size would impact shipping so $45 MSRP wouldn't work), because the game design appears to work best with 3 sets of cards.

White Wizard should be commended for skipping the collectible aspect and the use of coins is a clever way to get around the land management issues of M:TG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
)because the game design appears to work best with 3 sets of cards.

What?
The game is awesome just with the 120 different cards of the core deck. Draf format is wonderful and you don't really needs others decks.

About the promo: them will be available later, they confirmed it million times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Scalcon
Brazil
flag msg tools
I think that what he meant was that the full cube format is recommended with 3 sets. Also, full constructed play requires 3 sets, for tournaments and such (since you are allowed to have 3 copies of a card in the deck.

I think that one, or at most 2 sets (so you can make the "Random 45" format with more than 2 players, or drafts with more than 4) is enough.

I just really wanted the Gods and Demigods to have another gaming layer.

Dheyrdre, eu fui ver agora o leilão, não tinha visto porque ele começou hoje.

Só que só hoje ele já tá em R$ 75,00, e vai até 20 de dezembro. Ele vai passar de R$ 200,00 fácil fácil. É como o Barbarossa que entrou em leilão esses dias, eu até tentei pegar, mas no último dia de leilão ele foi pra quase R$ 400,00..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't checked recently, but the promo card packs are relatively cheap on ebay. I have seen many copies of a sealed deck and sealed promo pack for $20.00 +s/h..which was the cost for backers. If the game continues to increase in popularity the promo card packs will slowly rise in value. Yes, most will be released through the year, but I don't see this as a viable way to get the cards at a reasonable price.

I would guess most sellers are not going to pick apart the packs and sell individual cards (gods/demi-gods) since the promo packs aren't worth too much to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.