• [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried using it and it was really powerful but you have to avoid drawing conclusions from just one run. The biggest aspect of the ship is launching a viper. The diagram seems to indicate that you launch up to 3 vipers where they hang out around the ship doing 1 damage each per turn till the game is over or until they sacrifice themselves to avoid a hull damage. The dice are released after the viper is launched. Is that correct?

If true they pretty much take care if all external threats once you have launched 3. Never got the dice to fire a nuke but didn't need to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a lot more and would like to talk about this ship a little more. Having played AG-8 now, I wonder if you were riffing on the drone concept. If so maybe you intended to lock the dice into the vipers (presumably the tactical dice)? If that is the case though, you run out of dice pretty quick if AG-8 is anything to go by. There must be a middle ground. Maybe you intended not to lock the dice but to "expend" the viper when it conducts an attack?

With 6 dice in the game an ability that uses 4 specific dice is REALLY expensive. Not only will you almost never (or plain never) do this but if you do it has to be better than that. I might wipe out ALL external threats or something. Maybe with this ability, 3 dice instead of 4 with one of each type?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.