Subject: Investigators - Dream Team rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Morgen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I have just finished solo playing my fourth game against Azahoth. I have yet to beat him. Although in game four, the team had solved two mysteries before the Doom Track and Green Comet got me.

My team:
Charlie Kane
Lily Chen
Diana Stanley
Trish Scarborough
Mark Harrigan replaced Diana after she was devoured.

Is there a better A-Team for use against Azahoth? Are the investigators better matched against specific Ancient Ones than others?

Dave in Austin, Texas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are definitely some chars who fare better than other for given AO's AZ tends to be heavy on clues and requires good gate management. Jaqueline Fine tends to be very strong in both those categories, Norman Withers can be life saver too. These guys are probably the two most useful for AZ, and will round out any team for any AO, usually.

Monster Killers like Mark and Diana are probably better suited for Shubs and Yig (though Mark sucks horribly in general) and likely weren't doing you any favors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isobel Andrewartha
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with J Kaemmer, Mark is pretty terrible. A good was in general to get a sense of investigator strength is to check out their effectiveness on the BGG EH google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZdxFQZu-5jT9zyTRuE0J...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Morgen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I would have to agree that Mark has limited value to the team. I only used him in one partial game. Charlie Kane, as a result of a debt condition, had to choose an investigator for AZ to devour. That was Diana Stanley. So, Mark came in. He was good at killing monsters, but pretty bad at closing gates or any test of Lore, Influence, or Observation.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear, Doc Savage is here!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think choices have to be made, I use Harrigan as a Terminator, going head to head with monsters and clearing out areas that are heavily defended, but you have to give him the means to do so. Harrigan with a Double Barrelled Shotgun and Blessed = Pops . His low sanity is played off by a high Will score, which should be boosted, along with strength if possible.

Depends also if you select replacements at random or by choice. He's a good starting character, but to be randomly drawn to replace a Spell-caster...zoiks..it's the other end of the spectrum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.