Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Up Front» Forums » General

Subject: Banzai/Desert War errata rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Smith
msg tools
Avatar
Hi all,

Is this the "universally agreed upon" errors in the original printing of Banzai and Desert War? Speak now or forever use sharpies!

Banzai

Japanese #1 SGT Okimoto - The CCV: on the colored side should be 11/6, the CCV: on the white side should be 7/2

British #15 Pvt. Shaw - The CCV: on the colored side should be 7/4, the CCV: on the white side should be 3/0

British #40 A10 - The black zero after "Effect Number" on the colored side should be a red zero

Japanese #33 Type 97 - On the colored side, where it says "FLANK" we need to add a minus sign after the i. So it should read "FLANK:i-1/s0/k1"

Desert War

Italian #9 PFC Napoli - On the colored side, the CCV: should be 4/3, on the white side it should be 0/-1

Italian #26 PFC Leone - On the white side, the CCV: should be -2/-1

French #17 PVT Rochard - On the colored side the CCV: should be 10/5, on the white side it should be 6/1

14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, sounds like Christmas is around the corner!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve at The Vault wrote:
Hi all,

Is this the "universally agreed upon" errors in the original printing of Banzai and Desert War? Speak now or forever use sharpies!

Banzai

Japanese #1 SGT Okimoto - The CCV: on the colored side should be 11/6, the CCV: on the white side should be 7/2

British #15 Pvt. Shaw - The CCV: on the colored side should be 7/4, the CCV: on the white side should be 3/0

British #40 A10 - The black zero after "Effect Number" on the colored side should be a red zero

Japanese #33 Type 97 - On the colored side, where it says "FLANK" we need to add a minus sign after the i. So it should read "FLANK:i-1/s0/k1"

Desert War

Italian #9 PFC Napoli - On the colored side, the CCV: should be 4/3, on the white side it should be 0/-1

Italian #26 PFC Leone - On the white side, the CCV: should be -2/-1

French #17 PVT Rochard - On the colored side the CCV: should be 10/5, on the white side it should be 6/1



All of those errors are in the errata file. There are few more for the personality/AFV cards:
- British 34 (Bren Carrier), 42 (Sexton) and Japanese 35 (Type 1 SP) should be underlined to indicate they are turretless assault guns which cannot fire when moving and have fire penalties when bogged, immobilized or vs. moving targets.
- The French flamethrower shown is the incorrect picture. It should have one tank and different nozzle. This makes no difference in play.
- The Italian ATR chit & card has the bracketed and unbracketed values swapped. The chit also is also incorrect at RR5. The card is otherwise correct.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
msg tools
Avatar
Thanks Richard, you're on it as usual!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
“Turkey trots to water” Any word on when this is going to be ready? “ the world wonders”

James
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
msg tools
Avatar
I just ordered the first set of print proofs yesterday, so we'll see how they look when they arrive, if need be make adjustments, re-proof if needed, etc. If things go well we hope sometime in January to make them available. So, soon!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holman
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve at The Vault wrote:
I just ordered the first set of print proofs yesterday, so we'll see how they look when they arrive, if need be make adjustments, re-proof if needed, etc. If things go well we hope sometime in January to make them available. So, soon!


Huh? I thought you guys did the printing yourselves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
msg tools
Avatar
No, we contract with print houses in the U.S. and U.K. to handle our POD books and card titles digitally. (All card orders are printed in the U.S.)

When you order a print title from us, the order goes directly to a printing machine, which accesses our servers for the content, prints it and then the product ships directly to the customer.

It's how many books and other printed products are made these days, without warehousing and extra shipping it keeps costs down. Publishing has really changed the last few years!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Most excellent news !
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve at The Vault wrote:
No, we contract with print houses in the U.S. and U.K. to handle our POD books and card titles digitally. (All card orders are printed in the U.S.)

When you order a print title from us, the order goes directly to a printing machine, which accesses our servers for the content, prints it and then the product ships directly to the customer.

It's how many books and other printed products are made these days, without warehousing and extra shipping it keeps costs down. Publishing has really changed the last few years!


So there is such a thing as a double sided printer with 0 margin of error? The closest I've found is 1/8in of error. Or perhaps you do allow for some error on the face of the cards and none on the back?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
msg tools
Avatar
Unless there's a machine malfunction, they come out the same as the approved proof copy every time from there on out. Except for the early counters that were misaligned from the start, I haven't heard of anyone saying that their cards were off.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Most excellent !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve- Will WGV email previous customers when the expansions are available? I don't regularly check this forum and I don't want to miss out
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
msg tools
Avatar
Sure, we can do that.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Great ... Now I'll be checking email every hour !

Thank you !
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.