Popular Tags: [View All]
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else frustrated that the player colors match the district colors (other than pink)? I've only played this game twice, but on each turn, I had to remind myself what color my pieces were because I kept getting confused by the same colors on the board. I would see yellow tiles on red squares next to yellow squares with red tiles.

I understand the difficulty in choosing colors that color-blind players can handle, but I'm really tired of board games that use the same colors for unrelated purposes, and NY1901 is the worst offender in my collection.

Other than that, it's a pretty good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it can be tricky at first. It took a few games to adjust to it.

In a slightly related color issue, one thing that keeps throwing off my wife is she plays as the yellow character, so when she sees my gold buildings she at first thinks they are hers since the number is surrounded by a yellow circle. It just throws her off every now and then when she's doing a quick glance at the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more frustrated that the pink and red colors are so close together. In poor lighting, the only way to tell the difference between a pink and a red card is by carefully examining the illustration of the buildings on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
tckoppang wrote:
I'm more frustrated that the pink and red colors are so close together. In poor lighting, the only way to tell the difference between a pink and a red card is by carefully examining the illustration of the buildings on the cards.

Welcome to the world of us colour blinds. That's how almost any game is to us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.