Subject: Interested in retail purchase - cant do KS right now :( rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey guys!

I am currently backing CMONN's Arcadia Quest: Inferno but I have come across this project and I am very interested in it. However, I do not have the wallet (currently) to do a late pledge.

May I ask as to expected prices for retail and what will be available? Will all 7 sins be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late pledge or later regret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
Geoff - do you know how long late pledge will be available for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toxicwater wrote:
Geoff - do you know how long late pledge will be available for?

The pledge manager is not out yet and if blood rage is anything to go by you will have sometime to save your money for it, for a late late pledge. There are some Kickstarter exclusives so it might be worth it to late pledge rather than go retail.
Just subscribe to this game and you will no doubt get the heads up on when things happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Wang
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Procurer of rare and exclusive titles.
badge
I'm blue daba dee daba die daba deeeeeee daba die
mbmbmbmbmb
Spend around $200 for Kickstarter with all the exclusives or spend $500 on retail without the exclusives. I'm not saying that's the price, I'm saying expect something drastic like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
gotcha guys.

definitely thinking of late pledging then.

as for the extra teams 'i.e Gamma team' - will those be available for retail? if so. how much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
nvm found out the price. $35.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You said money is tight, suggest you just get the base pledge. If you must have every single exclusive, also pickup the Men of Faith and Apocalypse add-ons. I wouldn't bother with anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get all 7 sins with the KS pledge - only 2 with the retail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
yeah the main thing was getting all 7 sins.

i will be purchasing the base pledge and an extra dice pack. that is all. ill do the apocalypse xpac + xtra teams as retail later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toxicwater wrote:
yeah the main thing was getting all 7 sins.

i will be purchasing the base pledge and an extra dice pack. that is all. ill do the apocalypse xpac + xtra teams as retail later

That's the way to do it. There's tons of content in that base pledge, it's a really amazing value. The other stuff looks great, but I'm not sure how needed it will be unless you're playing the game constantly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
yeah!

im a new supporter of CMON - just recently got myself into tabletop gaming (started ~3-4 months ago). After reading the PDF beta rulebook on the KS and watching the gameplay video (and finally understanding most mechanics) it intrigued me right away.

The only other horror game I have is Last Night on Earth which (sorta) plays like it.

Altho I have 2 mechanic questions:
- How does the 2 turn tokens per player work? Do all heroes get to do 2 total rounds of turns?
- Citi tokens: once a tile is used up, can it ever be used again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
Find someone to piggyback with. If you don't want it later, I am sure the other person will have no trouble selling it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Definitely suck it up and do the late pledge! Open a new Credit card if you must! LOL! You get all the exclusives and the game at 1/3rd the price. It says right on the main page the base $100 pledge will be $305 at retail, WITHOUT the exclusives of course. As for the add-ons, those tend to be a bit cheaper too, but not by much. The problem is that not everything makes it to retail. Those plastic tokens might not ever show up, or it might be an extra year before the "gamma team" finally makes it to retail. This is why I hate kickstarter! LOL! It forces you into behaving like the worst shopaholic!

I just pledged for Zombicide and B-Sieged so I was totally tapped out when this was running, but I too gave it a second look after pledging Arcadia. It really is a super bargain. I forget why I gave it a hard pass. I think all those "sin" packs were looking like they would be add-ons, and I could never afford it. When I went back, I saw that the whole thing was unlocked and it was a really good deal, so I late-pledged too.

I sent CMoN an email requesting they don't do the pledge manager until after the holidays, BTW. They usually wait 2-3 months anyway. You can just put down $100 now and worry about the rest later. Same with Inferno, pledge the minimum $100 and worry about the add-ons in a few months, or even just pledge $1 for arcadia and pay the whole thing later in the PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
The retail version is basically a demo. Actually, calling it a demo isn't quite fair, at least a demo implies that you have the opportunity to buy the full game. It's more like a middle finger to the buyer. Don't support these shitty business practices, there are plenty of full games you can buy at retail. The sooner CMON and their ilk die, the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.