Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the scenarios can be played as one shot games. I love that, but my question is anyone have an idea of what gear everyone should be with. I picked up the Naked Promo collection, figure ill just use them as the different minis needed.

REALLY wanna pick up the pinups, but I dont want to drop $250 on everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of them tell you around what year they should be fought, or compare them to another monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean if we are doing the ones that can be played as a one shot outside of the full campaign. it gives a recommendation on LY. my group is on LY 3am.

I have a few friends that would like to try it out but im in the middle of a campaign so this would let me let them play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't read them all yet, but if you weren't playing it as a campaign, I guess you could give yourself a bank of resources based on some kind of assumed progress and then outfit according to the first gen buildings (unlocking further buildings out of your wallet). So, say you were assuming LY3. That would be 12 basic and 12 lion resources if you want to be generous. Make yourself a little table to roll on to give a list of what exactly would be in your stockpile. Then give yourself up to 3 innovation attempts (paying accordingly) if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, here's what I would probably do:

Assume Dash and Surge are unlocked.
Max survival is ((Lantern Year/5)+2).
Survivors start with full survival.
4 Resources of any kind per year.
Only Organ Grinder, Skinnery, Bonesmith, and Catarium available. Must spend resources listed to gain access to other buildings (ie 4 resources for Weapon Crafter)

Would be difficult to judge XP. Maybe Hunt XP = (Lantern Year/2). Weapon XP = ((Lantern Year/2)-3). Roll for age bonuses and gain specialization if applicable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Damien's got a nice list there.

Personally, I think they did a good job separating the one-shots from the rest. I'd play the one shots with Damien's first three steps, and anything that requires calculating gear is something I wouldn't play since it's clearly designed as part of a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.