Subject: Hero's bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I eligible to Hero's bonus if my ship returns 3rd but 1st and 2nd ship does not meet condition to get bonus (they don't successfully attacked town/fort/galleon) ? All ships came before they used their 4th Disc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook Page 11 F. RETURNING TO PLYMOUTH wrote:
• Players returning to Plymouth early (before they have used their 4th Disc) receive a “hero’s bonus”: The first player back gets 2 VP and the second player gets 1VP, so long as they successfully attacked at least 1 Town, Fort or Galleon on their voyage.

Based on that I would say that the third player cannot get it. Only the first and second ship would get a bonus if they are eligibile.

This is a very fringe case however, I don't recall ever seeing somebody not attack the Spanish on a voyage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a strategy one game to go hard at the goods for turn one and return early to get good positioning. I did have an attack setup for my fourth disk but realized I wasn't going to be able to complete it so I went back early. No bonus for me.

Anyways, I agree that the third person would not get the bonus. They have not met both conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hawes
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I agree with what Andrew and Chris have said above, if you interpret the rules literally, I would give the 3rd player home the bonus. The intent of the rule as written was the first player home, who attacked the Spanish gets 2 VP and the 2nd player home (who attacked the Spanish) would get 1 VP. The way the rule is written was meant to infer the first 2 players home who had attacked the Spanish. It was written a little clumsily, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for dropping by Peter! The situation doesn't happen often but it's nice to know the real answer. Still loving this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
raist anient
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Hawes wrote:
Although I agree with what Andrew and Chris have said above, if you interpret the rules literally, I would give the 3rd player home the bonus. The intent of the rule as written was the first player home, who attacked the Spanish gets 2 VP and the 2nd player home (who attacked the Spanish) would get 1 VP. The way the rule is written was meant to infer the first 2 players home who had attacked the Spanish. It was written a little clumsily, sorry.

Hey, just to confirm -- not only must they have attached the Spanish, they must also not have used up their 4th disk, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.