Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Assassinorum: Execution Force» Forums » News

Subject: New Achievements published! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like this weeks White Dwarf (issue 95) has a load of new achievements for the game... Given they are as close to new scenarios as we can get for the game, is this a sign of GW (and White Dwraf) offering extra content for their boxed game releases in the future (hint hint, for Calth please)?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rancemeister wrote:
Looks like this weeks White Dwarf (issue 95) has a load of new achievements for the game... Given they are as close to new scenarios as we can get for the game, is this a sign of GW (and White Dwraf) offering extra content for their boxed game releases in the future (hint hint, for Calth please)?


I am absolutely sure we will see new content for Calth. The announcement of the return of specialist games seems to suggest they see Calth as a flagship for the relaunch, and it is the first game since they started dipping their toe in the water that is not limited edition.

I will be very surprised if they don't put out a few things. And that sounds strange, even to me, considering their previous form


The only problem is, if they start putting specialist games content in the weekly magazine, I am going to have to subscribe to the bloody thing. That's a habit I got out of a long time ago...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
The only problem is, if they start putting specialist games content in the weekly magazine, I am going to have to subscribe to the bloody thing. That's a habit I got out of a long time ago...


For sure
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to download them.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/downloads.html

9 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon ike
U.S. Virgin Islands
St. John
Virgin Islands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Here is a link to download them.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/downloads.html



Thanks a ton for the link. Saves me from trying to track down a copy of white dwarf.
Hopefully this is just the beginning and they start adding more scenarios and rules.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
White Dwarf... 94 or 93 has a new mission for Caith in it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
White Dwarf... 94 or 93 has a new mission for Caith in it.


For sure, but that was the week of the game's release so not unusual to have something pertinent in that issue. What excited me about these new achievements for the Assassins game is that they were published many months after the game's release. Sure, they coincided with the models' individual releases but still it counts as extra support for the game...

By the by, the new mission for Calth is even less useful than most people seem to realise.
Not only do you need 2 full copies of the game, you also need to have both sets armies split the same i.e. having two sets of the prescribed Ultramaines minis (2 units of Termies, 2 Tacticals and Aethon) and 2 full sets of the prescribed Word Bearers (4 Tacticals, 2 Contemptors and Kurtha Sedd). SO it's not as straightforward as "all minis from one boxset versus all minis from another...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rancemeister wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
White Dwarf... 94 or 93 has a new mission for Caith in it.


What excited me about these new achievements for the Assassins game is that they were published many months after the game's release. Sure, they coincided with the models' individual releases but still it counts as extra support for the game...


What excited me was they made the content available for free download! My head nearly burst.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Rancemeister wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
White Dwarf... 94 or 93 has a new mission for Caith in it.


What excited me about these new achievements for the Assassins game is that they were published many months after the game's release. Sure, they coincided with the models' individual releases but still it counts as extra support for the game...


What excited me was they made the content available for free download! My head nearly burst.


I just picked myself up off the floor after I posted the link. zombie
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Rancemeister wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
White Dwarf... 94 or 93 has a new mission for Caith in it.


What excited me about these new achievements for the Assassins game is that they were published many months after the game's release. Sure, they coincided with the models' individual releases but still it counts as extra support for the game...


What excited me was they made the content available for free download! My head nearly burst.


Yup. My very first thought (AFTER downloading it, mind you) - who are they, and what have they done with GW?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.