Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Black Friday Revelations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flying Frog's Black Friday sale started some time around midnight and includes extra sets of the base game red miniatures. But it also had some new information. The product descriptions often mention the OtherWorld variant monsters, but now include some variants to OtherWorlds not yet released. I noticed:

* Night Terror: Space Terror (Derelict Ship)
* Slasher: Gorged Slashers (Trederra)
* Strangler: Dark Stranglers (Derelict Ship)

Anybody notice any other new hints?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
i noticed they are all kinda pricey , i'm gonna end up making my own corpse markers , $15 for 2 is just way too much . same thing with the targa pylons .

i had expected the pylons to come out as a terrain pack like the portals did . but selling them seperatly without cards is too high for my price range .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pylons and I assume dead piles are eventually going to be released in plastic (they have shown the plastic versions of the pylons on the KS page). These are just limited edition resin versions. I do like the look of the 3d darkness track though, although way too expensive for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zericdawnseer wrote:
Flying Frog's Black Friday sale started some time around midnight and includes extra sets of the base game red miniatures. But it also had some new information. The product descriptions often mention the OtherWorld variant monsters, but now include some variants to OtherWorlds not yet released. I noticed:

* Night Terror: Space Terror (Derelict Ship)
* Slasher: Gorged Slashers (Trederra)
* Strangler: Dark Stranglers (Derelict Ship)

Anybody notice any other new hints?

Could you please provide a link to where the information on these new other world monsters is? I couldn't find this info anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to look at the individual red minis. It describes possible uses for the extra set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
ya , but i am still astounded by the prices . and all the "red" plastic figs are WAY over priced too .

if anyone is wanting the figures and such , i still have some in the sets i will be ordering , and i am asking well less for the figures WITH cards than FF is asking for for JUST the red plastic minis .

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1477852/just-guageing-in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Sullivan
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The prices are comparable to other miniatures like Reaper, Black Scorpion, ect. The Black Friday promotions are pretty sweet too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruffian wrote:
The prices are comparable to other miniatures like Reaper, Black Scorpion, ect. The Black Friday promotions are pretty sweet too!

except that the miniatures lines like reaper , black scorpion , etc ...... look better , are genrally easier to assemble , and require a lot less gap filling and cleanup .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Comparing the sets of miniatures to just buying another box, it seems to me that they're more aimed at people who just want to get a sprue of X extra figures (for variant paint schemes or to be able to 'field' a pile more of them).

If I wanted a full set of extra enemies, there's the option to just buy another box ($60 vs $100, but getting another set of tiles/dice/booklets/etc). If I wanted 24 or 36 more void spiders, it'd be much cheaper to buy a couple sprue sets.

I'm glad they've provided the option. At least if someone loses their Harbinger or a couple of Slashers in a move they won't have to buy a full box to replace it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.