J. Foley
msg tools
Dr. Finn's Black Friday sale has 3 different options and he's including games not published by Dr. Finn's.

Option 1: Get $5 off on all games (this is generally good for all of his games, which do not go on sale individually too often--though he has many combination sales)

Option 2: Buy 2 games, get a 3rd free

Option 3: Buy 3 games, get a 4th free + $8

http://doctorfinns.com/shop.html

For getting multiple Dr. Finn's Games, this is clearly a great deal since he rarely has sales for all of his games.

I did a couple pricing calculations to figure out if this is a good sale with the non-Dr. Finn's games and it seems decent. Here's one combination:

[CSI] Roll for Galaxy $39.49
[CSI] New York 1901 $32.99
[Dr. Finn's] Institute for Magical Arts $29.95

These three games if bought separately would be: $102.43 (does not include shipping unless you pay $100 at CSI]

Bought on Dr. Finn's site it would be: $94.90 (which includes shipping). The prices for non-Dr. Finn's games start a little higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becca C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nice, thanks for sharing. I haven't played Splendor or The Hare and the Tortoise, can anyone recommend which I should try? I'm loving Institute for Magical Arts, and want to get another copy. Everyone gets Doctor Finns games from me for the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson Watkins
United States
Yonkers
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this is looking good. Now I;ll have to figure out which three to get!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot Kravitz
United States
Croton on Hudson
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like good deals on the non Dr. Finn games, but if you aren't familiar with his own games, this seems like a great opportunity to add them to your collection. Finn's games fill that much needed niche of shorter, easy to learn games that have the right mix of luck and strategy. They make great gifts too, for those just getting their first tastes of hobby gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Konigsberg
msg tools
This is a great opportunity. I have several of his games and when I introduce them to people, they ask where they can get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jake
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend Institute for Magical Arts and Biblios Dice, they are both fun dice games that don't take too long to play but are not all luck, and they both play really well with 2 players (Institute is 2 player only, if you like Roma you will like this).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari C
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Buy all his games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Friedrichs
msg tools
I have played several of Dr Finns games and will pick up some more now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justen O
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
becmarie wrote:
Nice, thanks for sharing. I haven't played Splendor or The Hare and the Tortoise, can anyone recommend which I should try? I'm loving Institute for Magical Arts, and want to get another copy. Everyone gets Doctor Finns games from me for the holidays.

I have not played, nor am I familiar with, Hare & Tortoise, but I have had loads of success introducing Splendor to many others, gamers and non-gamers. Nobody has disliked it. It's just a fun, easy to understand game with tons of replay value. I enjoy it as much after 25+ plays as I did when I first played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Hug
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Dr. Finn's games are so addicting! I own them all and they make great gifts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
Good deals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.