Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Meeplemart Canada] 12% off everything, 20% off clearance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark P
Canada
Kitchener
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.meeplemart.com

Coupon code: Tardis

Probably the best Canadian deal I've seen so far.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cry No US shipping.cry

But the exchange rate is sooooooo good... Guess I'll have to stick with Bliss for everything Z-Man.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamal Rahhali
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmb
any way to just see the clearance items?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Jen
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Click on "Great Deals" for only clearance items.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gio palumbo
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
this is a great deal ..
i got picked up three kingdoms redux from them , only 1 of 2 retailers in canada that have it. also marco polo only 41$ !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the coupon code name.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Canada
flag msg tools
Fail. Even with 12% discount most games are still more expensive than other online stores in canada. Example: Tzolk'in at $50.95 or $42 regular price at another store. They also don't give free shipping until you go over $200 or and it very easy to get free shipping over $100 at other stores. This needs to be at least 30% off to make it appealing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peepser wrote:
Fail. Even with 12% discount most games are still more expensive than other online stores in canada. Example: Tzolk'in at $50.95 or $42 regular price at another store. They also don't give free shipping until you go over $200 or and it very easy to get free shipping over $100 at other stores. This needs to be at least 30% off to make it appealing.


Depends what games you are getting, it didn't work for you. All the games I got were the same price or more expensive everywhere else normally (I just got a bunch of FFG stuff, which the min pricing may play a role), so with the discount it was best deal for me. But then, I am picking up my order which does make a difference. Certainly far from a fail for me, much better than what the other local retailers are doing. There are going to still be one or two instances like you showed with Tzolk'in where its not great (compared to 401 anyway), but for everything on my list, was hands down the best around.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James E
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peepser wrote:
Fail. Even with 12% discount most games are still more expensive than other online stores in canada. Example: Tzolk'in at $50.95 or $42 regular price at another store. They also don't give free shipping until you go over $200 or and it very easy to get free shipping over $100 at other stores. This needs to be at least 30% off to make it appealing.


Do you do anything other than complain?

A slightly dinged copy of Broom Service is $24. That's a fantastic deal. And there are plenty of other deals too. That makes it easy to get to $200 if you're inclined.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Buchsdrucker
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy for me to find $200 worth of stuff. Meeplemart has a LOT of miniature stuff that the other stores don't even carry. No fail from me, and I also cleaned up in the Great Deals section.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Canada
flag msg tools
I love complaining. It gets things done, makes improvements. When I'm the customer that spends $300 a month on games, I have got every every right to complain about bad service, lame deals, overpriced games, poor shipping, etc. I also praise stores that provide good service. So far, all black Friday deals in Canada completely suck. That is just part of what we have to live with in Canada.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James E
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peepser wrote:
I love complaining. It gets things done, makes improvements. When I'm the customer that spends $300 a month on games, I have got every every right to complain about bad service, lame deals, overpriced games, poor shipping, etc. I also praise stores that provide good service. So far, all black Friday deals in Canada completely suck. That is just part of what we have to live with in Canada.


Complaining does nothing when it made up lies, dubious examples and exaggerations.

Canada is more about Boxing Day deals than Black Friday deals. Also OLGS have had a difficult year with the drop in the CDN $ which lowers their margins on games and making it harder for them to offer sales.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Canada
flag msg tools
MisplacedWorker wrote:
Peepser wrote:
I love complaining. It gets things done, makes improvements. When I'm the customer that spends $300 a month on games, I have got every every right to complain about bad service, lame deals, overpriced games, poor shipping, etc. I also praise stores that provide good service. So far, all black Friday deals in Canada completely suck. That is just part of what we have to live with in Canada.


Complaining does nothing when it made up lies, dubious examples and exaggerations.

Canada is more about Boxing Day deals than Black Friday deals. Also OLGS have had a difficult year with the drop in the CDN $ which lowers their margins on games and making it harder for them to offer sales.


Oh, really? Let me give you a concrete example of how complaining works. The only reason Bosco even offers $8.95 shipping now is because of me. He didn't even implement this price until I told him about all the other stores that were ready offering it. He also lowered his cut off for free shipping to $200 from $250 or something like that. So all of you who shop BGB can thank me for now saving you a few bucks on your shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to head there after work and checkout the clearance and great deals section when I pick up my order. I'm happy warhammer quest ACG and armada wave 2 came in today, just in time for the sale
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James E
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peepser wrote:
MisplacedWorker wrote:
Peepser wrote:
I love complaining. It gets things done, makes improvements. When I'm the customer that spends $300 a month on games, I have got every every right to complain about bad service, lame deals, overpriced games, poor shipping, etc. I also praise stores that provide good service. So far, all black Friday deals in Canada completely suck. That is just part of what we have to live with in Canada.


Complaining does nothing when it made up lies, dubious examples and exaggerations.

Canada is more about Boxing Day deals than Black Friday deals. Also OLGS have had a difficult year with the drop in the CDN $ which lowers their margins on games and making it harder for them to offer sales.


Oh, really? Let me give you a concrete example of how complaining works. The only reason Bosco even offers $8.95 shipping now is because of me. He didn't even implement this price until I told him about all the other stores that were ready offering it. He also lowered his cut off for free shipping to $200 from $250 or something like that. So all of you who shop BGB can thank me for now saving you a few bucks on your shipping.


Yeah, you're a real hero. Saving me a dollar on shipping. I have no idea why he no longer replies to your emails.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan D.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
If wishes were fishes all wrapped up in rices
badge
we'd all have a plateful of sushi.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to the OP for the tip!
Got Ticket to Ride, TTR Europe, TTR Nordic, and War of The Ring all for $160 (including tax and shipping).
They are all damaged boxes, but who cares?
It's a good day. cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Canada
flag msg tools
MisplacedWorker wrote:
Peepser wrote:
MisplacedWorker wrote:
Peepser wrote:
I love complaining. It gets things done, makes improvements. When I'm the customer that spends $300 a month on games, I have got every every right to complain about bad service, lame deals, overpriced games, poor shipping, etc. I also praise stores that provide good service. So far, all black Friday deals in Canada completely suck. That is just part of what we have to live with in Canada.


Complaining does nothing when it made up lies, dubious examples and exaggerations.

Canada is more about Boxing Day deals than Black Friday deals. Also OLGS have had a difficult year with the drop in the CDN $ which lowers their margins on games and making it harder for them to offer sales.


Oh, really? Let me give you a concrete example of how complaining works. The only reason Bosco even offers $8.95 shipping now is because of me. He didn't even implement this price until I told him about all the other stores that were ready offering it. He also lowered his cut off for free shipping to $200 from $250 or something like that. So all of you who shop BGB can thank me for now saving you a few bucks on your shipping.


Yeah, you're a real hero. Saving me a dollar on shipping. I have no idea why he no longer replies to your emails.


I'm real sorry I couldn't do better for you. Ill try harder next time. I admit it's not a great deal but I don't own the store. Maybe talk to Bosco and complain that he only saved you a buck. At least I did something. What have you done lately? And stop assuming you have a clue as to what my communication with Bosco is like.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
piemaster713 wrote:
I'm going to head there after work and checkout the clearance and great deals section when I pick up my order. I'm happy warhammer quest ACG and armada wave 2 came in today, just in time for the sale


Also picked up Warhammer Quest! Woot!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Avatar
Peepser wrote:
MisplacedWorker wrote:
Peepser wrote:
I love complaining. It gets things done, makes improvements. When I'm the customer that spends $300 a month on games, I have got every every right to complain about bad service, lame deals, overpriced games, poor shipping, etc. I also praise stores that provide good service. So far, all black Friday deals in Canada completely suck. That is just part of what we have to live with in Canada.


Complaining does nothing when it made up lies, dubious examples and exaggerations.

Canada is more about Boxing Day deals than Black Friday deals. Also OLGS have had a difficult year with the drop in the CDN $ which lowers their margins on games and making it harder for them to offer sales.


Oh, really? Let me give you a concrete example of how complaining works. The only reason Bosco even offers $8.95 shipping now is because of me. He didn't even implement this price until I told him about all the other stores that were ready offering it. He also lowered his cut off for free shipping to $200 from $250 or something like that. So all of you who shop BGB can thank me for now saving you a few bucks on your shipping.


Yeah, I'm sure it was all you, buddy. I'm sure a retailer had no idea at all what the competition was offering. I'm sure he never looks at anyone else's sight. I'm sure he has no interest in staying competitive, so he needs random guys like you to tell him what's what. You're a god among men.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Canada
flag msg tools
broken clock wrote:
Peepser wrote:
MisplacedWorker wrote:
Peepser wrote:
I love complaining. It gets things done, makes improvements. When I'm the customer that spends $300 a month on games, I have got every every right to complain about bad service, lame deals, overpriced games, poor shipping, etc. I also praise stores that provide good service. So far, all black Friday deals in Canada completely suck. That is just part of what we have to live with in Canada.


Complaining does nothing when it made up lies, dubious examples and exaggerations.

Canada is more about Boxing Day deals than Black Friday deals. Also OLGS have had a difficult year with the drop in the CDN $ which lowers their margins on games and making it harder for them to offer sales.


Oh, really? Let me give you a concrete example of how complaining works. The only reason Bosco even offers $8.95 shipping now is because of me. He didn't even implement this price until I told him about all the other stores that were ready offering it. He also lowered his cut off for free shipping to $200 from $250 or something like that. So all of you who shop BGB can thank me for now saving you a few bucks on your shipping.


Yeah, I'm sure it was all you, buddy. I'm sure a retailer had no idea at all what the competition was offering. I'm sure he never looks at anyone else's sight. I'm sure he has no interest in staying competitive, so he needs random guys like you to tell him what's what. You're a god among men.



First, I'm not your buddy. Second, it's 'site'. Third, I'm not a random guy, I'm a customer. Fourth, it's just a wild coincidence that he lowered the price a day after we talked about it in emails and then he wrote me to let me know he had changed the price because of our discussion. What's with the attitude? Maybe if more people spoke out and contacted these retailers, the price would be even better. Maybe try contributing instead of doing nothing.

It still wasn't enough of a price drop for me but at least he listened and made an effort.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto R
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honesty, you just been rude. No one ask whether or not you like the BF sales, it's the hot deal trends. Mark did a great job giving us the info. If you don't like it, tough.

Peepser wrote:
broken clock wrote:
Peepser wrote:
MisplacedWorker wrote:
Peepser wrote:
I love complaining. It gets things done, makes improvements. When I'm the customer that spends $300 a month on games, I have got every every right to complain about bad service, lame deals, overpriced games, poor shipping, etc. I also praise stores that provide good service. So far, all black Friday deals in Canada completely suck. That is just part of what we have to live with in Canada.


Complaining does nothing when it made up lies, dubious examples and exaggerations.

Canada is more about Boxing Day deals than Black Friday deals. Also OLGS have had a difficult year with the drop in the CDN $ which lowers their margins on games and making it harder for them to offer sales.


Oh, really? Let me give you a concrete example of how complaining works. The only reason Bosco even offers $8.95 shipping now is because of me. He didn't even implement this price until I told him about all the other stores that were ready offering it. He also lowered his cut off for free shipping to $200 from $250 or something like that. So all of you who shop BGB can thank me for now saving you a few bucks on your shipping.


Yeah, I'm sure it was all you, buddy. I'm sure a retailer had no idea at all what the competition was offering. I'm sure he never looks at anyone else's sight. I'm sure he has no interest in staying competitive, so he needs random guys like you to tell him what's what. You're a god among men.



First, I'm not your buddy. Second, it's 'site'. Third, I'm not a random guy, I'm a customer. Fourth, it's just a wild coincidence that he lowered the price a day after we talked about it in emails and then he wrote me to let me know he had changed the price because of our discussion. What's with the attitude? Maybe if more people spoke out and contacted these retailers, the price would be even better. Maybe try contributing instead of doing nothing.

It still wasn't enough of a price drop for me but at least he listened and made an effort.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip! I didn't know about this store until I saw this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan D.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
If wishes were fishes all wrapped up in rices
badge
we'd all have a plateful of sushi.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauline Fong
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Ticket to Ride and Small World from the damage section. I couldn't even find a ding on the box at all. They have already been reduced to 34.99 plus another 20% on top of that this weekend. Great Christmas gifts for the kids!!!!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.