Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any major stores that offer these? I've recently bought Pizza Box and now I'm craving the expansions!

Thanks,
Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad to hear your enjoying playing Pizza Box Football. If you're in NYC or Las Vegas you can pick one up at FAO Schwarz.

Otherwise, the original Pizza Box Football Expansion Game and the 2006 Expansion Game can be purchased throughout the country at specialty game stores, sports card stores or online.

We do sell Expansion Games via our web site at www.PizzaBoxFootball.com for $19.99 + $5.00 shipping and handling.

I hope that information was helpful!

All the best,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
The Makers of Pizza Box Football
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com
Our 2006 Expansion is Now Available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
I am guessing you don't have retailers in Canada yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Xlyce wrote:
I am guessing you don't have retailers in Canada yet?

That's mostly up to the distributors they buy from. Individual stores have told us they'd love to carry our game, but it's too expensive for them to order the games and import them from an individual manufacturer.

A large retailer could probably carry our games if they wanted to, and a distributor certainly could. If enough stores ask their distributor for our games repeatedly, then the distributor might decide to give us a call. Otherwise, our Canadian customers go online to buy the games.

Thanks for all the support!

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

New York
msg tools
I just bought the game and it looks really good. I enjoy the flow and the website is great. It also helps to have the company posting here on this board!

Concerning the expansion: I actually am not that interested in having actual team cards (at least not yet), but am I correct in assuming that the extra playcalling rules mean nothing unless you have the expansion? I mean, you only reference these calls (draw, QB blitz, route jump, etc) on team pages, not on any general play charts in the basic game right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jrmorgan56 wrote:

Concerning the expansion: am I correct in assuming that the extra playcalling rules mean nothing unless you have the expansion? I mean, you only reference these calls (draw, QB blitz, route jump, etc) on team pages, not on any general play charts in the basic game right?

When using the expansion plays without teams, you may use the Expansion Play Sequence Card already included in your Pizza Box Football Basic Game. We also now provide a sample team in each game. For a second team, you can download one for free from our web site.

In the Expansion Rules, the offense now may select from 2 Run Plays (Run and Draw), 2 Short Pass Plays (Short Pass and Screen) and 2 Long Pass Plays (Long Pass and Play Action).

When the offense looks for play results, they will still use the Run, Short Pass and Long Pass charts provided in the basic game. However, the effect of calling each play vs. the defense called makes their results different. For example, a Screen Pass does much better against a QB Blitz than a Short Pass does.

Calling Plays using the Expansion Play Sequence Card
The Offense announces their play out loud. The Defense indicates its play by using the red, yellow or green play selection die with either the small white die (base defense) or the small black die (aggressive, more risky defense).

Once the players have revealed their plays, read the Advantage chart to see whether the Offense (white boxes) or the Defense (black boxes) has gained the advantage from the play call. The Advantage chart also shows whether the advantage is a small, medium or large advantage (1 bar is small, 2 bars is medium and 3 is large).

The Defense player rolls their dice (2-12) and reads their Defense Effect on the Offense based on the Advantage.

Example 1:
Offense play call: Run
Defense play call: Run Blitz (red + small black)
Advantage gained: Defense (High)
Defense Effect roll: [4] [3] = 7
Advantage chart: Defense (High)
Defense Effect: -1 to Offense [black][black][black] play roll

Therefore the Offense will have to subtract 1 from the result of their Run play roll when they roll for their Run play.

Example 2:
Offense play call: Screen Pass
Defense play call: QB Blitz (green + small black)
Advantage gained: Offense (High)
Defense Effect roll: [4] [3] = 7
Advantage chart: Offense (High)
Defense Effect: +1 to Offense [black][black][black] play roll

Therefore the Offense will get to add 1 to the result of their Short Pass play roll when they roll for their Screen Pass play.

I hope that this answer was helpful to you!

jrmorgan56 wrote:
I just bought the game and it looks really good. I enjoy the flow and the website is great. It also helps to have the company posting here on this board!

Thanks for the kind words!

All the best,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

New York
msg tools
Oh sorry about that, I was overwhelmed by charts and didn't see my expansion play sequence card on the flipside of New England! Yes, thank you very much. I just got done with watching the Boardgames with Scott video on PBF and I think I will be placing an order for the expansion anyways...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there plans for a 2007 expansion? I'm debating now that the season is almost over whether buying the 2006 or waiting. I'm guessing I'll buy because I'm too anxious to see how the different teams play out.

I thought I read somewhere about a college expansion in the works?

Thanks,
Chad

eriksmith wrote:
I'm so glad to hear your enjoying playing Pizza Box Football. If you're in NYC or Las Vegas you can pick one up at FAO Schwarz.

Otherwise, the original Pizza Box Football Expansion Game and the 2006 Expansion Game can be purchased throughout the country at specialty game stores, sports card stores or online.

We do sell Expansion Games via our web site at www.PizzaBoxFootball.com for $19.99 + $5.00 shipping and handling.

I hope that information was helpful!

All the best,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.