The Curse of the Black Dice» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question concering Pirates / throw-away rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Malden
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the Pirate (crew member) that you can throw away to avoid a punishment of an aventure. When would you pay for him? During the dice rolling turns, so in expectance of an adventure turning out bad for the players? If so, are you allowed to pay even if you don't have dice to roll? Or is it possible to pay him just before an adventure is evaluated during the aventure phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atog28 wrote:
I don't understand the Pirate (crew member) that you can throw away to avoid a punishment of an aventure. When would you pay for him? During the dice rolling turns, so in expectance of an adventure turning out bad for the players? If so, are you allowed to pay even if you don't have dice to roll? Or is it possible to pay him just before an adventure is evaluated during the aventure phase?

Hi,

You need to pay him during the rolling turns, for example when you see that something won't go well. But what is important, you can pay only when you have dice to roll and it's your turn.

Best wishes,
Irek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lauck
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Irek said, BUT if you don't want to play with such a risky element, try a variation: someone has to pay him at the moment, a bad effect occures. But please tell us your experience then, I've played both variants, some players like the first, some the second (same with the other variants in the variants section)! Enjoy the game arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.